- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Project Administrator at Voluntary Service Overseas
Posted on: 21 August, 2019
Deadline: 29 August, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO)
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is an international development charity with a vision for a "world without poverty" and a mission to "bring people together to fight poverty". VSO recruits professionals to work as volunteers, living and working alongside local populations in developing countries. Founded in 1958, VSO has sent over 50,000 volunteer. As of 2015 VSO worked in 23 countries in Africa, Asia and the Pacific.
The Project Administrator cover will be responsible supporting the ICS project at the community level, supervising and supporting a pair of volunteer Team Leaders to provide adequate pastoral support to a team of UK and Kenyan volunteers, and facilitating learning for Team Leaders and Volunteers during placement period and post placement period in Taita Taveta
- Project development in the host community
- Assess and identify partners with co-shared objectives as guided by ICS and VSO standards.
- Support partners to develop appropriate and relevant project descriptions and activities in line with the VSO thematic areas of focus.
- Appropriate and fit for purpose volunteer placements with SMART aims and objectives identified, orientated and risk assessed.
- Partners Capacity Building
- Identifying support and capacity gaps amongst partners including host homes.
- Capacity building partners including Volunteer Management System (VMS) Training, Host-Homes orientation, Social Inclusion etc.
- Volunteer and Team Leaders Management and Support
- Provide adequate support and supervision of volunteers and Team Leaders (TLs) throughout the programme.
- Promote and encourage appropriate behaviour and ensure safety and security standards procedures are met and understood.
- Support TLs and volunteers to build effective and enabling relationships with host country counterparts and adapt effectively to a different culture and working environment. Prepare references for alumni and volunteers based on their performance and supporting early returns and medical cases
- Facilitation and Training
- Promote learning amongst volunteers on global, cross-cultural and intercultural issues through the delivery of training and learning tools and support youth led and on-placement training throughout the programme. Deliver training using participatory approaches and skills to volunteers, which adequately equip them for their placements.
- Oversee Team Leaders and volunteers induction training including In Country Orientations , In Community Orientations and support to deliver youth-led training and learning activities throughout the programme
- Relationship management and partnership working
- Work effectively with ICS PO and act as a representative of VSO Kenya and partners at all times. Support Host Homes and Placements organizations in promoting learning, cross-cultural engagement and relationship building. Ensure that all programme partners and stakeholders are kept regularly informed about the progress of the in-country programmes
- Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting
- Capture learnings from all volunteers, stakeholders and outcomes in accordance with the overall purpose and objectives of the programme. Develop quality team plans, debrief reports, cumulative monitoring tools and project updates. Support volunteers is documenting their learning journeys and case studies. Reporting on any medical, safety and security incidents.
- Budget Management
- Source and use cost effective means and measures in the community to ensure value for donor money and quality project.
- Develop monthly work plans with budget projections for the community. Manage the community budget and submit weekly reports to the country office
- Promote active citizenship amongst the youth
- Provide post placement support through regular follow-ups, linkages to opportunities as well as engagement in ICS activities, advocacy and leadership elements.
- Provide Post placement support for the Return Volunteers (Action At and Home). Support youth in developing and refining social action project proposals.
- Support alumni in implementing social action projects
- Security and safety of volunteers and primary actors and disciplinary management
- Conduct community, partners, host homes and activity risk assessments. Review the risk assessments on quarterly basis and share updated reports with the County
- People Manager. Medical facilities assessed and approved prior use of services.
- Incidences documented and reported to the country people manager as stipulated in VSO and ICS incident reporting protocol.
- Ensure volunteers are aware of expected code of conduct.
- Manage disciplinary issues and ensure they are documented and disciplinary process followed as guided by ICS disciplinary procedures. Volunteers, TLs and partners grievances are managed in a professional manner and documented
- Project Administration and Logistics
- Organize project logistics within the community, prepare requisitions for materials, equipment, training venues, accommodation etc. as required.
- Liaison with programme Assistant and Officer for support required outside the community. Develop service Terms or reference and contracts as needed e.g. for Consultants
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO) career website on www.aplitrak.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO)Similar Jobs
- Programme Intern at Danish Red Cross
- Job Opening at African Union - InterAfrican Bureau for Animal Resources
- Global Safeguarding Lead at Oxfam
- Latest Recruitment at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - EFL Project at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Project Manager at Child.org
- Job Opening at Management Systems International
- Administrative Assistant at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)