The International Rescue Committee (IRC), one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. Since 1992, the IRC has provided life-saving services to refugees and vulnerable local communities in Kenya. In Kenya, the IRC implements programs in the areas of integrated primary health care (including nutrition and HIV/AIDS); economic recovery and livelihoods; protection of rights; and women’s protection and empowerment in refugees camps as well as northern Kenya and Nairobi.
Through its Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) unit, the IRC is helping vulnerable refugees and host community members in Nairobi build their income and assets. The program works closely with local partners and private sector actors to offer employment and employability support. The program provides internal Business Skills training and business counseling and start-up capital through livelihoods centers and mobile services. Market based principles and coordination with the private sector are mainstreamed throughout approaches to ensure the most effective outcomes on employment, and client feedback and protection based needs are deeply incorporated to ensure holistic services. IRC is focused on encouraging the ability to become self-sufficient, particularly where livelihoods are concerned, for survivors of SGBV, youth, refugees preparing for repatriation, and other marginalized groups. IRC also focuses on economic empowerment approaches that foster gender equity and equality given that women and girls are even more vulnerable in situations of crisis and where marginalization happens.
Requisition ID: req6243
Job Title: Supply Chain Clerk
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Lodwar, Kenya
To carry responsibility for the integrity of the IRC's inventory management system. To be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC stores management policies and procedures
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s)
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities
- In conjunction with the Logistics assistant and the Procurement Officer, maintain quality control in receipt of machines and spare parts.
- Responsible for the shipping of goods and cargo for Lodwar, Dadaab, Garissa and Kakuma
- Assist in data entry for the IRC PROLOG in terms of receipts and dispatches in and out of the office
- Ensure cleanliness of the warehouse.
- Goods reception /issue, prepare delivery report
- Assist in receiving all deliveries in conjunction with the Logistics Assistant.
- Report all air departing conveyances and other logistics operations to the Logistics assistant & Procurement officer.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents and inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards on weekly basis.
- Responsible for updating prologs inventory system, generating monthly report on time.
- Keep track of fuel liquidation for both vehicle and generator. Responsible in fueling all hired and IRC vehicles.
- Sign for receipt of goods (spare parts) or reject as appropriate in conjunction with the Logistics Assistant.
- Update Warehouse Register and pass documents to central files for further processing.
- Make arrangements with transport team regarding the delivery of specimen to respective labels
- Scan payments and saving in Box.
- Any other job assigned by the supervisor
- Prioritize air cargo transport in coordination with the program department and field sites.
- Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward air shipment.
- Carry out cargo bookings with other agencies/carriers (UNHAS, WFP, ECHO flights).
- Carry out way billing of all air conveyances.
- Supervise the airfreight loading and documentation follow up.
Warehousing and Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies destined for the various field sites.
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in a warehouse supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Secondary school education
- Diploma/certificate in procurement and supplies management
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills
- Competent use of pc especially spreadsheets (format / sort / filter)
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Attention to detail
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee career website on rescue.csod.com to apply