GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project, helping developers collaborate on code to build great things and ship on time. We are an active participant in our global community of customers and contributors, trying to serve their needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
GitLab is looking for a sourcing expert with experience in finding the best candidates for a high-tech, distributed company. How you build relationships and how you subsequently build sourcing strategies to find the best talent in the world is critical. A big picture thinker with experience in an international, highly cross-functional organization who has strong business acumen, will be most successful in the role. Attention to detail and experience with market mapping and deep research is equally as critical. Finally, we’re looking for in-depth understanding and background in hiring amazing people in the following areas: Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Product.
- Source for the best passive candidates in the global market.
- Being willing to look wherever is necessary to find the talent we need, with a focus on our values and requirements.
- Put meaningful focus on building a diverse pipeline.
- Partner directly with in-house recruiters and business leaders globally to understand specific needs to attract and engage with top talent.
- Continuously work on streamlining sourcing processes and delivering great candidate experience.
- Strategically utilize LinkedIn, online research, events, etc. to engage highly passive, sought after candidates.
- Develop a strong relationship with candidates and make judicious decisions on fit for a particular role or team, in addition to thinking through fit for our unique culture.
- Map out individual markets and gather intelligence around specific talent pools, using that knowledge to identify top talent.
- Experience sourcing and research at all levels, preferably in a global capacity within the software industry, open source experience is a plus.
- Proven success in sourcing for technical and/or sales.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively source passive candidates. This is a fully outbound role.
- Experience with competitive global job markets preferred.
- Previous experience in sourcing in low-cost regions for engineering/development talent would be a plus.
- Focused on delivering an excellent candidate experience.
- Ambitious, efficient, and stable under tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Remote working experience in a technology startup will be an added advantage.
- Ability to build relationships with managers and colleagues across multiple disciplines and timezones.
- Working knowledge using an candidate tracking systems. Greenhouse is a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across all levels.
- Willingness to learn and use software tools including Git and GitLab.
- College / University degree in Marketing, Human Resources, or related field from an accredited institution preferred.
- Successful completion of a background check .
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook . The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GitLab Inc. career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply