Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Cyber Security department within the Corporate Security division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Managed Security Services, the Principal; Managed Security Services will support the Managed Security Services strategy and roadmap, by developing and maintaining the overall services portfolio delivered to clients and ensuring that the services delivered meet the client requirements and the functions strategic objectives.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop and maintain a Managed Security Services Strategy and Roadmap and as well create awareness and capability for the Managed Services portfolio.
- Lead research, demos, Proof of concepts, design, implementation and commercialisation of new cyber security value propositions.
- Leverage existing cyber security solutions to package and make ready solutions that solve customer cyber problems.
- Ensure that all solutions and services are deployed and implemented in accordance with leading practices and with the high availability and disaster recovery concepts in mind.
- Continuously recommend services improvements and coordinate with the relevant teams for implementation.
- Support Sales teams to proactively prospect to generate leads that can be commercialised and input to subsequent technical and commercial proposals to clients.
- Lead Managed Security Services awareness roadshows to sales and enterprise business units
- Coordinate with the different functions within the Cyber Security Department to develop and maintain a services delivery resource pool.
- Work with service delivery, sales teams, and partners to ensure that cyber security services are delivered in a timely manner and operating smoothly.
- Drive service improvements by ensuring that any escalations or concerns by customers are clearly understood and addressed.
- Work with the relevant teams to ensure post-delivery support processes and SLAs are in place and as well support periodic service review meetings with customers.
- Active participation in Managed Security Services events and shows.
- Customer Delight Index (CDI) / Net Promoter Score (NPS) improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Eng./Computer Science/ Information Technology (or equivalent) from a recognized university.
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification: CISM/CISA/CISSP/CEH.
- At least 4+ years proven experience with Cyber Security related Standards (ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, etc.).
- Proven experience with GDPR, CBK guidelines on Cyber Security amongst others.
- At least 4+ years of hands on experience in managing Cyber Security related operations.
- Proven hands-on experience with Microsoft, and *nix Operating Systems
- At least 4+ years of advance experience with network security competencies.
- Proven experience in supervising, leading or coordinating teams and managing stakeholders.
- Experience in building and managing a customer / prospects pipeline
- Thorough understanding of customer service-related performance metrics
- Proven experience with Cyber Security Technologies.
- Expert level analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Good report writing, presentation and communication skills.
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
- e) National ID/Passport.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Safaricom Kenya career website on safaricom.taleo.net to apply