NRC in the East Africa & Yemen Region prides itself on being a leader in the service of refugees, internally displaced people and displacement communities. We strive to be a rapid responder and a pioneer in Hard to Reach areas. We unlock durable solutions and make deliberate efforts towards a more sustainable impact in our programming.
We aim to deliver the best possible service through commitment to our regional hallmarks: evidence based programming; advocating for change; cash and markets-based programming; driving innovation; collaborating with other actors for greater impact; integrating our programmes to achieve synergy and maximum efficiency; and valuing staff diversity.
The Administration Officer is responsible for administrative duties and liaising with the relevant government authorities.
1. Implement and maintain NRC’s administrative systems and procedures;
2. Ensure adherence to NRC’s policies and procedures;
3. Supervise, train and develop administration team;
4. Ensure a well-functioning reception, clean office premises and serving of refreshments/meals according to standards;
5. Implement and maintain a filing system for all administrational documents according to procedures;
6. Initiate and maintain licenses, leases and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers.
7. Responsible for the processing of work permits, visas and other related permits;
8. General follow up of the NRC office and houses/apartments and ensure that utility bills are paid;
9. Carry out periodic inventory audits.
1. Raise all office related procurement requests for processing;
2. Responsible for applications and renewals of licenses with the relevant government authorities
3. Responsible for the processing of work permits, visas and other related permits for national, international staff and NRC visitors and maintain a follow up system for renewals;
4. Process leases for the office and expatriates’ houses and follow up on renewal and termination of these leases;
5. Provide administrative activity reports on a monthly basis.
• Minimum of a Degree in Business Administration or any related training.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
• Experience from administrational work at Officer Level in a humanitarian context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Planning and delivering results
• Coping with change
• Empowering and building trust
• Handling insecure environments
• Efficient and organized
• Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
• Contract Duration: 12 months, with possible extension
• Salary/Benefits: Competitive compensation and benefits package
• NRC may be required to verify the identify of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council career website on www.webcruiter.no to apply