Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The purpose of the Program is to provide an opportunity for university and college students to become familiar with the operations of Kenya Airways, and to acquire work experience at the professional level through on-the-job training during vacations before resuming your studies
During the internship, students shall be placed in the Finance department of Kenya Airways and, to the extent possible, shall be given assignments relevant to their current studies. Before the end of the program, the interns must submit a brief report about their experience/ learning in Kenya Airways and provide ideas and suggestions that can help improve the Program in future years.
To be eligible for the Kenya Airways Internship Program, you must be:
A citizen of Kenya A student pursuing an undergraduate degree in an accredited university who will continue his/her graduate studies or graduate right after the period of the internship.
Key assignment: –
- Ticket Stocks Management- Monitor ticket stock levels, ordering from Head office and reconcile with Sales agents / Kenya Airways selling locations; on a regular basis carry out a physical count of stock and reconcile to the records to ensure no loss.
- Balance daily sales returns and raise cash receipts and bank daily sales in compliance with Treasury policy to prevent loss. Submit copies of return, and manual documents bank deposit slips and receipts to Head office to facilitate prompt reconciliation and allocation.
- As the custodian of the stations petty cash, monitor petty cash balances on a daily basis, reconcile petty cash balances to physical cash held to ensure no loss, request for replenishment in time to ensure Station neither runs out of funds or holds excessive funds.
- Review Station petty cash expense claims for validity, authenticity and proper supporting documentation and approval as per company policy before payment to claimant.
- Promptly scan and submit authenticated and validated supplier invoices to Head office for settlement to ensure suppliers are paid by due dates to avoid late payment penalties and impairment of the company’s reputation.
- Check and Validate all DOC invoices to contract rate and operations statistics before submitting them to Head Office
- Print and dispatch invoices and statements promptly to customers and in liaison with Country Manager, follow up debtors for payment to ensure debts are collected as per credit policy and that credit limits are not exceeded
Conditions of Internship
- Kenya Airways does not provide medical insurance cover for Interns. Those selected for internship will be required to submit proof of medical insurance while at Kenya Airways.
- Since the hiring for the Internship Program is done locally, Kenya Airways does not pay transportation costs whatsoever.
- Because Internship Program is addressed to students who are pursuing their degree programs or diploma programs, participation in the program will not extend beyond three (3) months.
Documentation that will be required should you be selected for internship are:
- Letter from learning institution requesting for internship and confirming that this is part of the course requirement
- Original and copy of KCSE/GCSE Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Insurance cover
- Have a minimum grade of B (plain) in KCSE or equivalent O’level certification
- Candidates afforded internship in the past by Kenya Airways are not eligible to apply
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Airways career website on kenyaairways.taleo.net to apply