Reeds Africa consult (RAC) offers a broad scale of Human resource services designed to provide professional supports for the growing needs of today’s corporate organizations.
Our services includes the entire employee life cycle in an organization from the point of recruitment, training and development, policy development, compliance audits, provision of HR tools to achieve overall business success from the HR perspective.
Our client an international hotel chain company based in Uganda is looking to hire a Front office Manager.
The preferred candidate will directly supervise all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Direct and coordinate the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas. Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff and supervise workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance of each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. I.e. flash report, allowance etc.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guest’s managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P 's special guests and requests.
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Degree/Diploma in hospitality management/Front Management
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Firm leadership skills
- The ability to multitask, priorities and manage time
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience as a hotel front desk.
- Previous experience working in an International hotel is an added advantage
Method of Application
All applications should be done on or before close of business 28TH August 2019 by sending your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted