Education: Master’s in Economics, Statistics, Public Health, Public Policy or related field
Experience: 1 year of relevant professional experience
Language requirements: English, Kiswahili
Pre-requisites: Quantitative data analysis skills
This position is open for Kenyan Nationals Only
- Do you want to make a difference to social and economic outcomes in Kenya through development research?
- Are you passionate about working on social and economic research projects across the education, public health, youth, agriculture and urbanization sectors, with a focus on gender and social inclusion?
- Do you want to work on innovative social and economic research projects with high-profile clients like the World Bank, the Mastercard Foundation, USAID and DFID?
Then this might be the role for you! Laterite's Research Analyst role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your technical and soft skills while making a difference to development research in Kenya.
POSITION DESCRIPTION & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Research Analyst, based in our Nairobi office, you will:
- Work on technical research projects – supporting the design of research instruments and research designs, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, drafting sections of reports, and keeping clients updated on progress.
- Independently deliver high-quality sections of reports or data analysis – ensuring your deliverables are client-ready and on time.
- Work with a team – proactively communicating with team members to keep projects on track, paying attention to details, and escalating any risks or issues early.
- Improve the way we work – researching and piloting new methodologies and technologies, standardizing and automating processes for data collection and analysis, and supporting internal operations like recruitment and IT with the objective of continuously improving the way we work.
You will be able to develop skills and experience in:
- Technical design of research projects, including sampling and impact evaluation methodologies.
- Project management and client communication.
- Data analysis, statistical techniques and coding (using Stata, R, Python and NVivo).
- Report writing: drawing insights from data and presenting them in a client-ready, consultancy quality format.
- You have a strong interest and understanding of data analysis. You are passionate about social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa. You can quickly grasp research concepts, and structure your technical approach to a problem. You have excellent interpersonal skills, are self-motivated and can flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable. You also have good written and oral communication skills (in English), and can effectively communicate internally and externally.
- You have a Master’s in Economics, Statistics, Public Health, Public Policy or a related field, and 1 year of relevant professional experience. You are proficient analyzing data in Stata or similar statistical software.
- You are focused on developing your professional skills and working in social and economic development.
- You thrive in an innovative and collaborative organization.
Competitive with similar roles in other social enterprises and research firms. Benefits include generous leave, health insurance, and individual/team bonuses.
Please submit your CV and short application by clicking the apply button and following the instructions provided. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply ASAP.