Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
We deliver high quality solutions to our customers and we are leaders in the logistics industry. Join us and become a part of our great team.
The purpose of the role is to develop, using all of the tools available to you, the market intelligence through research on areas of strategic company interest and focus as well as support in providing materials, information and data necessary for making sound decision in key business development divisions.
- Identify new target accounts as agreed by Nbo NV and develop relationship and general business
- Focus on BU or Trade assigned but also understand the need to cross sell all other business units as identified customers opportunities are presented
- Conduct sales projects as required by Sale, Sea, Overland & Air Freight Management, these projects includes research in key company focus areas as well as market intelligence that aims in supporting the company strategic direction growth
- To further research on LCL business set up in the country and develops a database that will aim towards increasing the business growth and development within this division
- Act as the main liaison between Customer, various key institutions, and KN contacts to ensure an aligned approach and proper information sharing
- Act as the single point of (selling) contact for ALL KN services, to be on the forefront in selling and promoting KN business systems and solutions like KN Sea explorer, KN FreightNet, Enterprise visibility, among others
- Communicate and co-ordinate specific customer requirements (including RFQ's) with the organization
- Be the voice of the Customer and communicate such proactively with KN
Your Skills And Experiences
- Bachelors or First University Degree is required, Project Management Experience is preferred
- Experience of 2 to 5 years in Air Logistics, Overland or Sales is preferred
- You have minimum Local Market Experience in Seafreight & Airfreight, Sea Operational experience FCL/LCL
- You have general Knowledge of all KN Products and proven Sales experience in Kenya, as well as good presentation Skills
- You have solid PC background, analytical mind and solid Ocean Operational Knowledge
- You are able to work in Team environment and you are strongly Customer focused
- You have Driving license and are willing to travel
- You speak English and Swahili
Good Reasons to Join
We offer an employee friendly environment for you to develop and grow to become a skilled transportation logistics professional in a challenging and fast developing company with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group. If, like us, you put customers at heart of everything you do, you can expect to be rewarded with a full package of benefits on top of a salary that grows with you as you grow in our business.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kuehne + Nagel career website on jobs.kuehne-nagel.com to apply