Living Water Service Center (LWSC), an affiliate of Living Water International is a Christian based Non – Governmental Organization that works in the area of WASH in rural vulnerable communities in Kenya.
LWSC, seeks to recruit for the position of a Program Manager.
The program Manager reports to the Country Director of LWSC.
Duty Station: Nairobi, with frequent travel to the field office.
The key responsibilities for the position are:
- Oversee the development of the program design with key stakeholders and ensure it is in compliance and compatibility with the LWI global strategic plan.
- Manage the needs assessments, projects design, proposals writing, evaluation and report writing for LWSC programs:
- Proposal writing and development for fund raising and partnerships.
- Monitor, evaluate and develop the action plan to correct past projects not achieving desired outcome;
- Provide technical advisory and support to the Country Director on project and programs.
- Support the Country Director in capacity building and training of program staff
- Together with the WASH Engineer, M&E officer, H&S coordinator & CCM Manager, develop and adapt training manuals /materials to be sued in the local context;
- Efficient and timely reporting as per LWI/LWSC requirements for information systems (LWIS), quarterly reports, monthly reports, project specific reports, donor reports and MSC stories.
- Manage the program related procurement and take responsibility for authorization of program purchases as per the LWI procurement processes
- Manage external consultants and individuals sub-contracted to implement hardware contracts and other program components
- Develop relationships with major stakeholders in WPA areas
- Represent the Country Director In regional and national WASH and Church related development forums.
- Understand and implement the LWI global quality standards and Kenya national WASH standards
- Execute other tasks as required for the successful implementation of the program.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge and experience;
- University Degree in a technical or managerial field i.e. engineering / business administration / international development or equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ experience in program design, strategy implementation and leadership;
- 3 years’ experience in financial analysis/budget management
- Personnel / Team management experience
- Program design and implementation for an established International NGO with fully fledged WASH programs;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects and their effectiveness:
- Has up to date knowledge of best practices in both national and international WASH strategies.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (one page only) explaining their suitability for the position and a Curriculum Vitae (no more than 5 pages) with details of qualifications and work experience including 3 references- professional and spiritual.
Living Water Service Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications e to be submitted to:
Kenya.firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 6th September 2019.
Please do not attach scanned certificates.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date.
We encourage you to visit our website: https://www.water.cc for more information about our work.