Our client a leading Oil and gas Multinational are looking for an insurance and Claims officer to support the organisation in ensuring proper management of insurance policies and claims. The position reports to Procurement and Administration Manager. The job is based in Nairobi
The incumbent’s responsibilities are to secure information on the insurance policies to verify the accuracy and completeness of information on claims, applications, policy renewals and related documents and analyses such information to produce reports that feed into decision making process on all insurance cases.
Key Results Areas
- Assist the Team Leader in setting up insurance cover for the organization
- Monitor and maintain all company insurance policy documents for all company assets portfolio
- Vet and process all renewal and new cover premiums Debit & Credit Notes for all the policies
- In consultation with the Finance department, ensure timely settlement of premiums.
- Supervise all insurance claims in line with insurance policies.
- Handle claims on General and Life insurance and follow through till settlement by the underwriters.
- Ensure valuation of staff and company cars is done before the renewal of the Motor Vehicle insurance
- Monitor the performance of insurance coverage and report to the Team Leader of any discrepancies.
- Handle issue Smart medical cards to the Medical scheme joiners
- Vet and process any medical bills under the In-House medical scheme or from the Health Insurance service providers as the case may be
- Monitor the performance of Health Insurance Cover or the In-house Medical scheme and report any cases of abuse.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and any adhoc reports will aid the Team Leader in the decision-making process
- Update existing policies to reflect changes regarding the staff and organization’s Asset portfolio.
- Communicate with Insurance brokers to obtain information necessary for processing new covers and claims accordingly.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Hold at least a Degree in Business Administration or related areas.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in Insurance Industry.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and provide regular reports on insurance policies and claims.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of Oracle ERP systems will be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work sensitively in a multicultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to identify and understands relationships, constraints and pressures affecting others.
- Show effective negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Show problem solving and analytical skills.
- Be innovative and creative.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Demonstrable understanding and application of insurance principles and processes.
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5.pm on 27th August, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”