St. Mary's School – Nairobi has a rich cultural tradition blended in the academic and co-curricular activities. We pride ourselves in the solid Christian foundation planted by the Holy Ghost Fathers since her inception in 1939. We prepare our students for the KCPE, KCSE, IGCSE and International Baccalaureate (IB). All our academic programs place a focus on human values, creative arts, sports, religion, music and leadership.
As a Secretary you will assume the duty of clerical and administrative support in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office. You will be the point of reference for all queries, requests or issues. You will assist colleagues and executives by supporting them with planning and distributing information
- Answering phone calls and redirect them when necessary
- Preparing and disseminating correspondence, memos and forms
- File and update contact information of employees, customers, suppliers and external partners
- Support and facilitate the completion of regular reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Check frequently the levels of office supplies and place appropriate orders
- Make travel arrangements
- Route calls to specific people.
- Answer inquiries about company.
- Greet visitors warmly and make sure they are comfortable.
- Call persons waiting for visitor and guide the visitor to the waiting area.
- Ensure reception area is tidy.
- Coordinate mail flow in and out of office
- Handle phone calls from people calling in sick.
- Arrange appointments and schedule follow-up appointments.
- Cash out people when necessary.
- Certificate in Secretarial studies
- Interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft office applications.
Method of Application
All interested applicants are required to submit their application letters together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates, transcripts, National ID, Baptism Card and TSC Certificate of Registration to the below address.
St. Mary’s School – Nairobi,
P.O. Box 40580 – 00100,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.