Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa operating in 10 markets i.e.Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Mozambique; providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day.To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join a team-oriented staff and share in the responsibility of providing Cellulant with Systems Engineering expertise.The ideal candidate has extensive experience working in a Service Provider Network environment.Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux Administration and Scripting is highly desirable. The main focus is on the deployment and operations of business user solutions. Excellent verbal, written communication skills are a must. Ability to articulate concepts and operate in a team-oriented environment. It is important to be customer-oriented. Reports To: Head of Infrastructure.
- Design, Implementation and Management of Network Infrastructure to support
- Cellulants product portfolio
- Provide ongoing support of the existing cloud infrastructure
- Ensure those network elements are available and operational (24×7).
- Being able to respond to alerts and take corrective action to ensure platform uptime is maintained
- Work in coordination with other internal teams to ensure the infrastructure fully and effectively supports current and planned application systems
- Participate in a schedule of on-call rotation (after working hours)
- Degree in Telecoms, Computer Science/IT Engineering or related fields of study.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a Service Provider environment
- Holds a Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification
- Practical experience with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, ISIS on Cisco, Juniper or
- Fortigate Hardware
- Practical experience with application delivery controllers such as F5, NGINX, HAProxy etc
- Competent in implementation of network security with NG firewalls such as Cisco ASA,
- Fortigate, Juniper or equivalent
- Proven experience with Network Monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of virtualized environments such as VMware vSphere
- Working knowledge of public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with programming/scripting languages will be an added advantage
- A solid understanding of Internet-based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, HTTP/HTTPS)
- Sound knowledge of security approaches within cloud and data centre infrastructure
- Interest and motivation to document key points of design and operational practices, working within existing within the team approaches
- Strong Desire to automate network activities
- The perfect candidate has a desire to be part of an advanced team
Method of Application
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: Senior Network Engineer to email@example.com before September 8th 2019. Hiring will be done on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.