Eclectics International Limited is a seasoned technology company in the Financial Technology field. Our mission is toSimplify Lives Digitally, through our services which include but not limited to the provision of Financial Solutions that employ modern digital technology to both public and private sector, i.e. Governments, Banks, MFIs, SACCO’s/Cooperatives, and other bespoke clients spread across the African continent.
What can you expect from us?
As digital transformation continues to accelerate, Eclectics is at the centre of this change driving our client’s success and offering our staff exciting careers opportunities.
At Eclectics, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our staff. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our staff benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest innovative technology and business services firms in Africa. It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what you do.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Illustrate design ideas using story-boards, process flows, wire-frames and sitemaps
- Translate concepts into user flows, wire-frames, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing.
- Develop, communicate and enforce a Design System which incorporates user experience and user interface guidelines for each digital solution.
- Designing, developing, and implementing user-friendly, professional, visually-pleasing designs and user-interfaces for web and mobile applications.
- Creating and effectively arranging graphics, images and all other content into a creative, cohesive, functional, and visually-pleasing website utilizing best practices in User Interface/User Experience design.
- Work with cross-functional product development teams to build designs that meet those requirements – e.g. design specification documents, user flows, wire-frames, prototypes, etc.
- Attach emotions and feeling to the polished product or services of the company by choosing the right font, and other visual design elements.
- Usage of graphics and graphic design software (think Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) to create a fantastic look.
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, respectfully give and receive feedback.
- Ability to self-manage to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, often in remote settings, in collaboration with design researchers, commercial teams and developers/engineers.
- Design an approach to UX research, collect user feedback, assess business challenges and adjust designs based on insights.
- Collaborate with other team members, stakeholders and commercial teams to explore key business challenges, uncovering actionable insights through UX design research.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in UX/UI and graphic Design.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of Mobile and Web APP design.
- Excellence in the field of UX/UI demonstrated through a portfolio of design projects Proficiency with a range of prototyping and wire-framing tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Wire-frame.cc, InVision, Figma, etc.)
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment.
- Excellent presentation, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Experience with native mobile app design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills & Client handling skills
- A Strong visual UX/UI design portfolio is a must.
Method of Application
If you believe your experience, competencies, and qualifications match the job and role specifications described, please send your application to the address below with the subject UX/UI Designer. Applications should contain a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of 3 referees including one from your latest employer by close of business on Friday, 13th September 2019.
Apply online and address your application to:
The Head of Human Resources
Eclectics International Limited
P.O. Box 21605 – 00505
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.