The position will be based in Narok County, Kenya
Purpose of Position
Provision of medical services (Medical and Surgical care) to the sick or activities that obtain in the health institutions and wards in the We Charity medical institutions.
To provide both informal and informal training to other health personnel working with him/her.
- Overall responsibility for the medical and surgical care of patients.
- Communicates with the hospital manager all reports that should be required for both Ministry of health and we charity.
- Ensures compliance with the Medical and Dentist PR actioners Board, Nursing council of Kenya, Kenya laboratory and technologist board and clinical officer’s council.
- Delegates responsibilities to appropriately qualified staff
- Arrange and attend Teleconferences and meetings as needed
- Review and give SOPs for approval by the Manager
- Compile weekly, quarterly and annual reports on hospital patient care progress
- Organize, coordinate and participate in the training of staff with guidance from Hospital manager.
- Ensure that clients/visitors understand the objectives of the Hospital.
- Obtain accurate medical history, perform medical examinations and perform medical and surgical procedures
- Perform we charity specific activities.
- Provide appropriate treatment and where necessary, facilitate referral of patients with complicated ailments.
- Receive and review laboratory results and track missing reports.
- Compile weekly, quarterly and annual hospital reports.
- Organize daily activities and functions of the hospital.
- Identify and resolve problems that arise in the hospital.
- Liaise with hospital manager in ensuring the maintenance of clinic equipment and facilities.
- Participate in hospital budget making process in liaison with the manager
- Ensure regular communication and correspondence with the hospital manager regarding clinical and administrative issues.
- Ensure regular communication and correspondence with other department heads regarding clinical and administrative issues.
- Coordinate the development of Hospital SOPs and ensure staff training and compliance to SOPs
- Ensure regular communication and correspondence with staff working in the community.
- Ensure all general and hospital supplies are in order.
- Supervise work of the clinic staff and ensure staff cohesion at the hospital.
- Supervise the orientation of new staff members.
- Assist the hospital manager in drawing a quarterly budget for hospital and community activities.
- Delegate responsibilities to appropriately qualified personnel.
- Participate in information seminars.
Required Academic Qualifications
The holder of this position must have a basic degree in Medicine (MBChB or MD) from a recognized University. He/she must be registered to practice medicine in Kenya. A bias for community service is desirable.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- A Team player capable of building staff capacity through mentorship.
- Ability to provide effective leadership in the management of the hospital activities.
- A team leader with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be computer literate