Jumia is the leading pan-African e-commerce platform, present across 14 countries in Africa. Its mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use Jumia’s platform to better reach and serve consumers. The Jumia platform consists of a marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, a logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and a payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on the Jumia platform in selected markets. On the marketplace, more than 80,000 sellers offer a broad range of goods and on-demand services. Jumia Logistics facilitates the delivery of goods in a convenient and reliable way, leveraging an extensive network of third-party logistics service providers, seamlessly integrated through the Jumia proprietary technology platform. JumiaPay offers a safe and easy solution to facilitate online transactions on the Jumia platform, with the intention of integrating additional financial services in the future.
The role of the Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. You will complete payments, control expenses by: receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices, day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.
A detailed Job description for the position is as follows;
- Ensuring the team's work is accurate and invoices are approved for payment using the correct set process
- Planning and execution of the vendor payment routines on agreed timelines.
- Managing the accuracy of the vendor database and reconciliation of vendor account with supplier statement.
- Managing the accounts payable function that may or may not include performing the duties of an Accounts payable Officer from time to time.
- Completing month-end closing reviews, procedures and corrections as needed.
- Overseeing all Accounts payable processes from petty cash to expense reports to account reconciliation, General Ledger – sub-ledger reconciliations.
- Assist in negotiating with vendors to receive better payment terms
- Acting as a liaison for the accounting department in order to solve accounts payable disputes
Desired Candidate Profile
The right applicant would have the following skillset:
- 3+ years in accounts functions especially accounts payable and tax systems
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or a related field
- Professional accounting qualifications - CPA (At least Part III) or ACCA certification or their equivalent) is highly desirable.
- (Analytical) advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of any of the accounting software(s) will be an added advantage.
- The ability to both work in and lead a small team - you make the most out of collaboration
- Great relationship management skills - both important internally, and externally with vendors and suppliers.
- Great interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication - strong “problem-solving skills” and high attention to detail.
Does this sound like you?
- Team management experience
- Strong planning and organisational skills to run a streamlined operation in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Positive working attitude, with a focus on results
- Self-motivated, with a desire for continual learning
- Possess high levels of integrity and ethics
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia career website on www.linkedin.com to apply