The International Rescue Committee (IRC), one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. Since 1992, the IRC has provided life-saving services to refugees and vulnerable local communities in Kenya. In Kenya, the IRC implements programs in the areas of integrated primary health care (including nutrition and HIV/AIDS); economic recovery and livelihoods; protection of rights; and women’s protection and empowerment in refugees camps as well as northern Kenya and Nairobi.
The Admin officer is responsible for specific aspects of Administration and Supply Chain Department support at the Livelihoods Resource Center in Rongai. This covers Office Administration, Human Resource and Supply Chain support department.
Reception Coverage and Mailing Services
- Receive and screen all incoming calls and visitors, and forward to respective officers.
- Make calls on staff as requested, and maintain accurate log of calls and account for this on telephone bills.
- Record and deliver telephone messages.
- Ensure reception is neat at all times. Promptly attend to visitors ensuring no crowding at the reception area.
- Ensure reception coverage at all times, and proper handover when you are away.
- Receive all incoming mail and distribute to staff.
- Prepare and dispatch all outgoing to the field mail.
- Log incoming invoices, sign and distribute to relevant staff.
- Act as focal point of courier services and advise of any issues arising.
- Ensure timely renewal of IRC subscriptions e.g fire inspection certificates for Rongai office
- Provide Administrative support to supply chain department as requested.
- Support with office supply chain needs, raising of PRs as requested by program staff and support with Administrative requests.
- Supervise the office Assistant and ensure that roles are well executed.
Utilities Management & SC Support
- Ensure timely payment of utilities
- Maintain tracking system for utilities and update on monthly basis.
- Make requests for purchase of office supplies
- Issuing of gate pass to any equipment, items getting out of IRC office.
- Raising of operation Online PR’s in the BVA system under supply/admin department i.e travel and cab request PR’s.
- In charge of office consumables supplies and office stationery supplies in the office
- Supervising and booking boardroom for staff meetings in coordinated way
- Supervising of tender bid register as they come
- Liaising with the office management for any repairs and maintenance services
- Reporting any security concerns to the project management and the safety and security manager.
- Provision of effective and efficient administrative support services to the project staff
- Day-to-day efficient operations of the administrative and supply chain department services in the office.
- Diploma in Business Administration and Management, or other related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in administration and management in a busy office, preferable with Non-governmental organization.
- Customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, email
- Knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform wide range of inter-related complex administrative services.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of personal initiative, pro-active problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of listening skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee career website on rescue.csod.com to apply