Musoni is the world’s first financial institution to exclusively use mobile money. We aim to be the most efficient microfinance institution in Kenya by being cashless, paperless and data-driven to offer the best value, most flexible and most customer-oriented financial services in the market.
The Marketing Communications Manager will also be responsible to shape the organizations Marketing and Communications strategy including developing the brand, integrated communications strategy and managing a wide range of marketing channels. Further, the role will provide support in the execution of the overall management of the customer service team and processes, as well as oversee quality control on all customer interactions in order to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to meet their expectations. The individual should be an excellent writer, experienced in content creation across multiple platforms, and skilled in event and project management. Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous communication and leadership skills, with proven success in traditional and innovative campaigns across the broad spectrum of today’s marketing channels.
- Set up a marketing function for the institution
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy and related processes that serve Musoni’s mission, product goals/objectives and lead the development of clear, compelling, consistent internal and external messaging to increase awareness, engagement and brand value
- Lead Musoni’s customer service department and develop a strategic approach to ensure great customer experience and engagement
- Responsible for the consistent brand-aligned presentation of the organization both internally and externally
- Oversee market data analysis and evaluation and set up tracking and report KPIs for all marketing activity
- Plan and produce marketing communications and sales promotion materials to meet product strategies and sales objectives.
- Manage internal and/or external communications such as press releases, video, newsletters, corporate presentations, websites, apps, social media, and blogs.
- Identify and share best practices in area of expertise whether it be media placement, digital marketing, press relations, or other areas.
- Oversees communication activities including technical and/or promotional material writing, product manuals, brochures etc.
- Periodical reporting on product issues and customer feedback, working with the Product Development team to assist in understanding customer needs and preferences, recruit, mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Co-ordinate and manage marketing agencies and supplier relationships and budgets in support of marketing and communications
- Work with projects relating to search engine optimization, website updates, social media and email automation
- Conduct regular research on brand awareness, market position, share, competitiveness, emerging trends and on digital finance insights
- Engage with clients and ensure frequent promotional client stories are run on different selected platforms,
- Initiate marketing activities geared towards promoting the Musoni Brand, with an aim of attracting customers to the institution and making the brand a household name in the country.
- Identify and engage with partners both local and foreign to promote Musoni’s success story.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position, ideally working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Wide network of media & public relations contacts
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management experience
- A track record across the full marketing & communications mix
- Strong content development and management experience
- Strong personal commitment to Musoni’s mission, with direct hands-on experience in Microfinance or Rural Finance highly desired.
- Excellent Negotiation Skills.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated creativity to understand consumers, how they are influenced, how to trigger behavior change, how to drive purchase and how to drive engagement through actionable communications content and programs.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), analytical reporting (Google Analytics) and social media/blogging platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, etc.). Understanding of and experience with leveraging social media management and analytics tools.
- Marketing communications, public relations, and social media industry knowledge and interest, as well as proven skills and initiative to stay current with the latest trends.
Method of Application
If your career aspirations match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter, to email@example.com with the title “Marketing & Communications Manager” on the subject line not later than Friday 13th September 2019. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer Musoni. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For further details, please visit www.musoni.co.ke
Musoni Microfinance is an equal opportunity employer.