- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Officer at United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Posted on: 30 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNICEF
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Nutrition
- Participates in the development of the government and UNICEF work plan(s) and ensures compliance with specific assigned objectives.
- Provide guidance and support to focal government staff and partners to manage and implement Programme/projects (strengthening working group and coordination structures), conducts periodic programme reviews with government counterparts, donors and/or other partners, meets with national and international agencies covering the management of programme/projects and prepares programme/project status reports required for management, donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports,
- Identify capacity building needs and sustainability of programme/projects and assists partners and government authorities to plan and organize capacity strengthening programmes.
- Participates in technical development of relevant guidelines, strategies, policies, etc and supports their implementation through monitoring and evaluation
- Supports the development of partnership programmes and documents for the nutrition services implementation
- Supports partners for programme roll-out, including training and monitoring. This includes analyzing quarterly technical reports from partners and addresses presenting issues in consultation with supervisor
- Coordinates with the Operations/Supply staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities ensuring proper and timely UNICEF and government accountability. Certifies disbursements of funds, monitors and submits financial status reports to supervisor, section chief or representative, as required.
- Participates in meetings with Ministries responsible for programme/project review and follows up on implementation of recommendations and agreements.
- Assists in the development and/or introduction of innovative approaches, methods and practices in project management and evaluation with a focus on MIYCN.
- Contributes towards the preparation of the situation analysis by compiling data, analyzing and evaluating information, ensuring accurate and timely input of programme information in surveys, HMIS/CBHIS programme system and the issuance of status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes on MIYCN
- Participates in intersectoral collaboration with other programme colleagues
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, Social Science, public health, health Education/promotion or related technical field
- At least a minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience of working in nutrition and at least one year working on maternal, infant and young child nutrition in Kenya; additional years of experience will be an added advantage
- Experience in implementing programs in Liaison with Ministry of health.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on www.unicef.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNICEFSimilar Jobs
- Animal Welfare Officer at The Kenya Society for Protection and Care of Animals (KSPCA Kenya)
- Regional Coordinator at Bidhaa Sasa
- Consultant at Kenya Girl Guides Association
- Technical Lead for Africa at Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center)
- Country Accountant at World Concern
- Country Change Partner and Transformation Lead at Plan International
- Psychosocial Assistant at Terre des hommes (Tdh)
- Livelihood Officer at Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya