Overall Objective of the Job will be:-
- To optimize equipment and utilities through maintainability, reliability, availability, OEE and infrastructure to support the achievement of the business goals.
- Oversee new projects and develop and monitor the implementation based on agreed timelines as per Project charter.
Engineering, Maintenance & Project:
- Develop Department’s short, medium and long term strategies to align them to the production and corporate objectives;
- Budget: Prepare budgets and control costs within the approved limits.
- Liaise with marketing/commercial team to develop /design market appropriate products aligning with manufacturing capabilities to meet the business requirements and ensure compliance with the manufacturing standard. Collaborate with the sales, production and planning team to institute an integrated planning and control process that will achieve the targeted budget numbers (OEE)
- Project Management: Plan and manage the Dept’s CAPEX investment projects within the approved budget with respect to cost, quality and time; Develop plans and coordinate projects and drive the planning, installation and commissioning of new production lines.
- Develop and execute maintenance plans to ensure effective utilisation, efficiency and optimization of the Plant, Equipment, facilities and utilities to meet set standards.
- Track and optimise productivity of machinery and utilities to ensure effective return on assets while adhering to lean manufacturing principles.
- Interact with, research and recommend adoption of relevant, best in class systems and technology, draw and implement appropriate training plans to upskill staff to operate efficiently with new technology
- Design Preventive, Predictive maintenance strategies, procedures and methods to ensure operational reliability and availability of the plant and ensure optimal machine, mold and utilities are available for achieving ðŸ”¼95% efficiency.
- Provide technical advice, mentorship, coaching and instructions to the engineering team; Lead and coordinate the team work in order to ensure they have the resources and skills to quickly and effectively respond to downtimes.
- Reports: Oversee preparation of reports, such as statistical and data analysis reports, for all engineering processes and key machines and to identify places of waste, downtime, overtime, cost outruns and implement ways of controlling it.
- Equipment: Blow & Injection moulding equipments and Utilities namely Netstal, Ferromatik Milacron, Engel, Husky, Kautex, Atlas Copco, Piovan Chillers, ABB HT Transformers, UPS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- At least 10 years proven hands on experience in Maintenance & Engineering in a top tier Plastics Manufacturing based in Asia, Middle East and Africa.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in plastic processing industry as Engineering / Maintenance Department
Engineering and Technical knowledge of
- European origin Injection and Blow moulding equipment
- PLC programming
- Equipment Softwares
- Robotic control systems
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
- Chillers, Air compressors, Electrical (HT & LT)
- Mould design and applications
- PM module with any ERP based system (SAP R3 is advantageous)
- Plastics manufacturing processes
- Sound experience in Lean / Six Sigma manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills
- Thorough knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point both as a working and reporting tool.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity and comfort with continually adapting plans
- ISO 22000: HACCP, Kaizen and Quality systems (ISO, CMMI, etc.)
- PMP, Lean/Six Sigma Certification (Black Belt is an advantage)
- Working knowledge in ERP systems (SAP knowledge is an added advantage)
- Foundational Course in Mechanical AutoCAD 2000i
- Certified Automation Engineer (PLC, SCADA & HMI)
- Competence in MS Office Suite, Internet Applications, AutoCAD, MFG-PRO etc
- 3+ years' of management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills