Lee & Myles Consulting Limited is a multi-faceted retail consulting firm offering cutting edge retail solutions across all forms ofretail – fashion, Luxury, Travel Retail, groceries, farm fresh, furniture,electronics, home appliances, oil and gas retail and electrical.
Our client runs a group of growth stage companies in Kenya. They seek to hire a qualified and highly experienced person in the role of Human Resource Manager. An ideal candidates is a hands on person with demonstrated experience working with high growth organizations and helping build HR Department and HR Processes. Successful candidate will be the central HR head for the group and very critical in determining the human resource capacity optimization, setting HR goals and systems and monitoring to ensure that the entire workforce across all business units 100% adheres to the human resources policies and procedures.
Are you a people person, passionate and aggressive about developing talent, a serious business partner within the Human Resources function? Have you been involved in successfully setting up HR processes and training people on systems? Are you mature in mind to demonstrate a positive attitude towards work and people around you? We are definitely looking for you to be part of this amazing team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will provide input to planning, execution, management and coordination of all Human Resources activities.
- Develop and implement HR policies, procedures and systems
- Training and monitoring strict compliance of set HR policies
- Set up HR administrative and record keeping systems for all business units
- Developing and implementing a human resources management strategy for the organization aligned to the goal of growing people
- Developing and implementing a reward and compensation system that is based on performance management. With results drawn from the ability to measure and monitor KPI & KPRs.
- Maintaining up-to-date job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Preparing new employees with orientation and comprehensive induction training and staff development programs.
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable Kenyan human resource legal requirements
- Ensuring the organization has access to quality human resources on a long-term basis, by developing and implementing appropriate human resources planning and recruitment activities and implementing staff retention strategies
- Managing employee discipline and ensure compliance to the company Standard Operating Procedures and HR policy
- Ensuring an optimal work environment that promotes employee motivation, team work and helps to maximize employee productivity
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing related results as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Studies or Social Sciences from a recognized university or Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management
- At least five (5) years progressive work experience in similar positions with related responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in developing HR policies and systems for growth stage companies
- Practical experience in developing and implementing strategies for managing performance, motivation, change and culture management of staff of different diverse cultural backgrounds
- Familiarity with the Labour Laws and workplace compliance
- Must be a member of IHRM
go to method of application »
Our client runs a group of growth stage companies and is looking to hire a highly skilled and experienced person for the role of Chief Accountant. The role is based in Nairobi and reports directly to the Managing Director.
- Setting up, executing, monitoring and reporting on group-wide audit systems
- Prepare monthly management accounts and other relevant reports
- Prepare the year-end financial accounts.
- Liaising with external auditors, guiding and ensuring the companies go through the entire audit process successfully.
- Manage the companies’ working capital and other financial operations
- Ensuring efficient and effective financial control systems, reporting mechanisms and training of staff on processes.
- Setting up and monitoring performance targets and other performance metrics in liaison with relevant unit managers
- Ensure the overall smooth running of the organization’s internal financial administration processes.
- Manage the accounts personnel recruitment and appraisal procedures
- Ensure effective policies and procedures implementation within the organization.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls, and protecting the organization value by keeping information confidential.
- Meeting financial standards by providing accounting department annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances and implementing corrective actions
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities
- Be an advisor to the MD on sound business processes that ensures business growth and profitability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business Administration or related field.
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in accounting, finance and administration from a reputable organization
- Experience working with startups will be an advantage
- Experience working with a group of companies and consolidation will be a plus.
- Experience working with and/or reporting to the directors will be desirable
- Demonstrate impeccable leadership skills.
- Ability to galvanize and work with different business heads
- Strong Analytical skills
Method of Application
Qualified candidates that meets the criteria set above should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us on or before 20th September 2019. Quote the job title on the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.