Tropical Heat is a manufacturer of snacks, spices and seasonings; headquartered in Kenya but with presence in over 14 countries.
Reporting to: Sales Team Leader
Purpose of the Positions:
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Sales function in an efficient and effective manner servicing a defined customer list within a geographic sales territory.
The Sales Representative will manage the profitability of these customers, and the products that are distributed within this territory
- Meet and exceed gross margin and volume targets as assigned. Be accountable for developing and actualizing the customer budget.
- Develop and grow the Business through new business acquisition.
- Prepare and present regular business reviews to both customers and internal stakeholders. Communicate internally among Sales Staff, Finance, Operations and Distribution departments to maximize opportunities with customers.
- Maintain current knowledge of the local market/community.
- Initiate and evaluate opportunities for “continuous improvement’ throughout the geographical market area.
- Maintain a high level of competitor knowledge in terms of products, pricing, discounts, promotions and sales levels.
- Develop and implement a schedule for customer contact and capitalize on opportunities. Develop plans and reports to measure gain/loss in accounts, new business with “initiatives’ in acquiring new or incremental business.
- Actively manage the profitability and gross margin of sales territory and develop the necessary plans and corrective action to meet the target profitability of territory and customer base.
- Holder of a certificate in Sales and Marketing.
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing will be added advantage.
- 1 or 2 Years of Experience.
- People management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be skilled and proficient in MS package
- A good listener and Manager of personal resources, time and a critical thinker & doer.
- MUST Have Proven experience in FMCG.
- A team player willing to work with minimum supervision.
- Be a person of integrity with high morals and professional ethical values. Ability to work under pressure and multi-task between various briefs.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to “decode” customers
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below