A leading expert on the unique and extreme challenges that scarcity of human capital in Africa poses, African Management Services Company (AMSCO) has been providing human capital solutions to African industries for more than 28 years.
We work with a wide variety of clients ranging from private and public investors, SMEs and large companies through to industry associations and governmental organizations with a vision to grow African businesses - assist them to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable.
Reporting to the Country Managing Director – East Africa, the Finance Officer will support the Country MD with managing finance related duties for business operation across East Africa (specifically Kenya and Uganda offices) and Head of Finance to manage financial operations of the Group to achieve its goals and objectives, specifically to:
- Prepare and analysis of financial statements;
- Ensure statutory compliance of the subsidiary;
- Manage and monitoring overheads against budget and improve efficiencies; and
- Ensure adherence and improvement of policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely finalization of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for presentation to the CMD and the Board.
- Perform regular analysis of financial data for variances and trend analysis for decision making.
- Manage subsidiary budget preparation by collecting data and analysis of expenses.
- Prepare audit working papers for review by Head of Finance.
- Prepare annual financial statements in IFRS and company and attend to audit queries in the management letter.
- Support the CMD with business pipeline management and reporting.
- Implement and improve policies around debt management and collection to minimize outstanding debts.
- Continuous review of financial procedures and controls and develop improvements for efficiency.
- Monitoring overheads against the budget and proactively instituting corrective measures where appropriate.
- Fixed assets management.
- Managing and reporting on programmes performance.
- Managing intercompany transactions and loans by ensuring compliance to the facility agreements.
- Managing finance function of overseas branch.
- Financial performance forecasting.
- Manage relationship with company bankers.
- Ensure intercompany accounts are reconciled before reporting.
- Verification of expenses for authorization, posting invoices in pastel and ensure suppliers are paid on time.
- Ensure monthly bank reconciliation are done timeously for review by Country MD.
- Ensure VAT, PAYE and related statutory payments are made on time.
- In liaison with the HR Officer review monthly payroll reports, follow up on discrepancies if any and ensure staff salaries are paid on time.
- Travel advances and expenses management.
- Close working relationship with Finance Assistant.
- Other duties as maybe requited and/or assigned.
- MS Excel.
- financial analytical skills.
- written and spoken English, presentation and communication skills in delivering financial management information.
- Ability to produce accurate and effective financial reports.
- Time Management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative – ability to assert one’s influence over events in order to achieve goals.
- Attention to detail – ability to accomplish tasks through concern for all areas concerned.
- Analytical – ability to secure relevant information and identify key issues and relations from a base of information.
- Problem solving – ability to identify, analyse, organize and solve problems and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Interpersonal - relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate rapport and is able to build constructive and effective relationships.
- Integrity – a truthful individual can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner. Displaying integrity with sensitive business information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Professional financial/accounting qualifications e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent, is essential
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge and experience in transfer pricing and intra-group/shared services management.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience in Pastel Evolution
- Caseware working knowledge will be advantageous
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AMSCO (African Management Services Company) career website on amsco.zohorecruit.com to apply