The Ministry of Health for Kenya is based in Nairobi at the Afya House. The current Cabinet Secretary for health is Cleopa Mailu and he has been the cabinet secretary under Uhuru Kenyatta since November 25 2015.
The main role of the accounting assistants will be to support the Project Accountant by performing clerical tasks, including processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and budgets, fact checking, filing, and other duties, as needed. Understand basic Accounting principles and proficient with computers and software, such as MS Excel. Should be
trustworthy, efficient, and organized.
The roles and responsibilities of the Assistant Project Accountant include, but are not limited to: –
- Preparation, Review and filing of payroll and payroll documents including Payslip
generation and statutory deductions submissions to the respective bodies (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, HELB) monthly for all the contracted project staff.
- Liaising with Project Accountants in all 47 counties on all the financial matters.
- Collecting and consolidating the financial statements from the 47 counties on quarterly basis.
- Prepare periodic statements of expenditure (SOE) reports and fund replenishment
requests, carefully checking and inspecting all supporting documents.
- In collaboration with Project implementing entities, to prepare quarterly and annual financial reports in the standard format(s) included in annex I on Financial Management Procedures.
- In consultation PM and Project Accountant, to oversee the establishment and proper maintenance of accounts system in all the counties in accordance with the PFM and financial regulations and procedures of the NT.
- Support the PMT in the facilitation of internal and external financial audits at the
- Other project-related responsibilities as may be assigned by the Project Manager.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel
- Organization skills
- Good Communication skills, fluency in required in English and great interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information.
- Minimum of CPA 2. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant accounting field is an added advantage but not mandatory.
- Previous engagement with a World Bank Project is an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ministry of Health career website on www.health.go.ke to apply