Reporting to the Board of Trustees of MESPT, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and championing a bold and compelling strategy that inspires commitment across the organisation, and with key stakeholders in alleviation of poverty and creation of employment through support of micro, small and medium enterprises.
S/He will also be responsible for engaging with a variety of partners to promote the exceptional work the organisation is doing around Kenya, and remodeling and differentiating MESPT in a highly competitive environment.
- Lead in the planning, development and execution of strategic and operational goals and objectives;
- Develop and implement best corporate governance practices at MESPT including crafting of new or enhancing existing policies and procedures;
- Oversee the development and implementation of the annual organisational work plan and budgets;
- Develop and implement sustainable fundraising plans to ensure all relevant funding opportunities are aggressively pursued, while expanding revenue-generating activities to support existing program operations;
- Oversee and manage mufti-sectoral projects including agricultural development, financial inclusion, climate action, and market development;
- Develop and Implement deliberate and sustainable social enterprise initiatives that provide a surplus for the organisation, help alleviate poverty; and promote MESPT Green Growth agenda;
- Coordinate and champion the digital transformation of MESPT In delivering products and services;
- Lead and champion international best practices in the operations, quality assurance and competitiveness of MESPT thematic areas;
- Source, lead, coach and develop a strong MESPT management team, foster a culture of coaching and mentoring to differentiate MESPT Human Capital asset as key competitive advantage;
- Implement a culture of innovation and initiate organisation wide process re-engineering, leveraging on the organisation’s existing internal infrastructure, and ensuring programmatic objectives are supported internally;
- Establish strong networks and partnerships for growth, ensuring enhanced public image and reputation; and
- Coordinate all stakeholder management initiatives maintaining key relationships with stakeholders such as founders, private sector, Trustees, development partners, media etc, while spearheading collaboration and engagement.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields; Agriculture, Engineering, Business or any other related discipline;
- A Masters in Business Administration Degree will be an added advantage;
- Have knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects with at least five (5) years in senior management;
- Possess transformative and adaptive leadership skills, with a strategic mindset to nurture and effectively manage partnerships and mentoring relationships;
- Have ability to manage multi-sectoral projects and oversee institutional strengthening and capacity building;
- Have demonstrable knowledge and understanding of local and international fundraising avenues and trends in pursuit of organizational excellence;
- Have extensive knowledge and experience In use of ICT In leveraging transformation of organisations and achieving strategic goals and objectives; and
- Certification in Corporate Governance and Leadership from a recognised institution will be an added advantage.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you possess and can clearly demonstrate your ability in the required relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
For the full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than Midnight/12:00am on 27 September 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
MESPT is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more details on MESPT and the job description for this role, please log on to https://www.mespt.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.