The Nation Media Group has presence in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
We are seeking to recruit a Procurement Officer to add value to the operations of the group.
Job Ref: HR-PO-09-2019
The successful candidate will report to the Procurement Manager and will work with teams across the organization.
The key result areas for this position include:
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Effective and efficient sourcing of goods and services, both locally and internationally, as per laid down procedures;
- Managing supplier / customers relations;
- Monitoring market trends;
- Ensuring timely supply of quality goods and services that meet all specifications, company requirements and from approved suppliers;
- Analyzing and evaluating RFQ and RFP response documents, recommending the most competitive supplier (s) for engagement and adopting the appropriate purchasing model;
- Liaising with respective suppliers, clearing and forwarding agents, transporters and regulating authorities such as KRA, KEBS and KPA for timely and effective delivery of materials;
- Suppliers performance management through regular tripartite meetings with internal customers and evaluation through SAP MM system for optimal value;
- Attending internal customer meetings to better understand their requirements; and
- Contracting and contract management.
Knowledge skills and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field;
- A Diploma Graduate in CIPS or equivalent professional certifications:
- At least 4 years work experience in a similar role in a reputable organization;
- Project management and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills:
- High degree of integrity and honesty:
- Well conversant with contemporary procurement processes:
- Prior experience in handling IT hardware / software purchases and digital requirements important but not a must;
- Result driven and a team player; and
- Knowledge of SAP Materials Management module.
This position offers an excellent career growth opportunity, compensation and an attractive commission structure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nation Media Group career website on career.staffingsoft.com to apply