SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited is a subsidiary of SBM Bank. Founded in September 1973. and headquartered in Mauritius. They are a top tier bank aiming to be a catalyst for economic growth in Kenya.
SBM offers an extensive suite of products and services that encompass deposits, lending, trade finance, cards, leasing, treasury, stockbroking, custody, asset management, insurance, and investment products, as well as a range of payment services. It also has multi-channel capabilities including branches, ATMs, POS, internet, mobile and call centre.
To plan, organize and manage staff and overall operations to ensure stable operations of the bank’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas particularly data center infrastructure, network infrastructure, data communication, and telecommunication systems. The infrastructure manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversees the infrastructure platform for the bank’s data center servers, networks and storage fabric, inclusive of ongoing architecture, management, and business continuity strategies for the same.
- Leads the migration to new technologies, evaluates processing performance relating to machine utilization and reliability, and forecasts financial, physical, and human resource needs to meet established objectives.
- Coordinate the ongoing activities of the Data Center Services team, inclusive of oversight for the related IT project portfolio as well as ongoing incident response management for supported systems.
- Patch management - monitor all servers to make sure all the latest critical updates are successfully installed on them - and to put in quotas and any settings that increase efficiency and uptime.
- Monitor all the bank's networks to ensure optimum uptime; follow up with vendors to ensure that any issues are addressed promptly.
- Participate as a member of the IT Infrastructure & Operations management team in creating and maintaining the governance processes of the bank’s infrastructure architecture, data centers, telecommunications, networks, communications systems.
- Define requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
- Monitor all software and hardware products and ensure compliance with Data Center standards and systems.
- Supervise the designing and evaluation of all server systems according to the measurement of the process.
- Perform troubleshoot on data center, identify issues and assist in timely resolution of the same.
- Coordinate with various departments and perform integration of critical systems into infrastructure.
- Coordinate with IT, enhancement and business teams and develop strategies to ensure achievement of data center capacity.
- Maintain expert knowledge on all applications and its use on systems for various critical systems.
- Ensure client satisfaction and provide optimal level of customer services for various departments.
- Maintain effective professional relationships with IT relationship managers.
- Maintain expert knowledge on all business procedures associated with assets and capacity.
- Responsible for deploying and implementing network security controls as outlined by the Information Security, policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Ensures that the logical and physical network is performing as required and works with internal and external service providers to repair and restore service as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships with service providers and technology manufacturers.
- Maintains system documentation and logs.
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role:
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position in a leading institution.
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field, however, a Master’s degree in IT would be an added advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT Security, Hardware, Software, both Local and Wide Area networks
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in information security, hardware, software, networking, telecommunications and database management
- Report developing skills.
Competencies required for this Role:
- Data Center Network integration and operation experience
- Experience in Network design, auditing, and implementation
- Understanding of Data Center networks as well as application access and flow
- Very high-level expertise in Network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of data networking including TC/IP, UDP, RTP and routing protocols
- Working knowledge of Firewalls and Proxies
- Very high analytical skills and an understanding of complex data center networking
- Network/Availability Management knowledge
- SLA Management knowledge
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SBM Bank career website on www.linkedin.com to apply