Vivo Energy is the company that distributes and markets Shell and Engen branded fuels and lubricants to retail and commercial customers in Africa.
We operate in 23 countries across North, West, East and Southern Africa where we have a network of over 2,000 service stations. We also export lubricants to a number of other African countries.
Focused on fuelling Africa’s future we make our customers’ lives easier and their experience with us more convenient, enjoyable and rewarding.
The role will lead and co-ordinate continuous improvement agenda to deliver COGS benefits. Build a process improvement culture through the development of programs, capabilities and pipeline of initiatives to enable productivity delivery over the planning horizon. Lead a transformational program while partnering and collaborating with Production, Planning, Logistics and Quality to deliver (target to be agreed) total cost savings/annum savings (min.)
This is a highly visible role with significant exposure to senior leadership on a regular basis. The manager will need to demonstrate leadership skills and passion around continuous improvement delivery through teams.
Within SVL Kenya LSC, Productivity & CI is responsible for:
- Partner with key functions to develop and deploy productivity strategies that will drive the COGS benefits.
- Build, execute and sustain multi-year productivity pipeline to drive annual savings.
- Deliver value to the business typically measured in quantifiable savings or OEE improvement.
- Establish and maintain processes and systems for the communication, sharing and best practice replication of process improvement initiatives across functions through optimal digital presence supported by SAP4HANA capability.
- Develop recommendations and drive approved plans to activate continuous improvement capabilities.
- Utilize best practice continuous improvement methodologies to drive effective training and development of these capabilities to ensure a sustainable continuous improvement culture.
- Develop Relationships – in order to successfully drive change, the individual will need to have credibility and be respected by colleagues in all levels.
- Develop People – work with all levels, from shop floor to management, to increase maturity and understanding for sustainable lean culture.
- Duties will include identifying and quantifying improvement opportunities, delivery of savings through improved processes, and independent leadership of projects.
- Responsible for training of subordinates to ensure business continuity.
- Responsible for ensuring that engineering and technical services on projects and activities for the plant are scheduled and completed, and machines are maintained properly.
- Responsible to build effective working relationships with identified partners consistent with business guiding principles and safeguarding the interests of the Group.
- Ensure compliance with relevant management systems certifications, proper records managements including timely and accurate recording of transactions in approved ERP and the related report submissions.
- Establish a continuous improvement dashboard for effective reporting & monitoring of efficiency projects.
- Establish and execute productivity governance reporting and review processes with the key functional.
- Contribute to the establishment of vendor requirements & performance metrics to meet continuous improvement and/or efficiency standards.
- Supervise shift operations from time to time as may be required.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- University degree as a minimum requirement, preferably in Engineering or Supply Chain.
Professional certification in projects management, continuous improvement models will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience including evidence of project management.
- Business improvement skill set including at least 2 years exposure in a continuous improvement function.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Method of Application
Interested Applicants should apply by sending; CV, motivation letter and scanned supporting documents, all in one document to email to email@example.com not later than 20th September 2019.
Only emails received on the stated email and website within the allocated timeframe will be considered.