The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The job holder will be in charge of the overall function of Motor Transport Capacity within Care Dadaab. The position will be tasked with developing and implementing effective Transport system within Care Dadaab with focus on the existing Transport Management Policies.
The incumbent will also ensure at all times the Organization’s compliance with the traffic regulations in accordance with the Kenya Traffic Act Cap 403 Laws of Kenya. He/She shall promote optimized transport and logistical operations of the Sector with minimal impact on existing operating procedures to support the transportation management processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Fleet Operational Management & Reporting.
- Preparation of the Transport Departments’ yearly operations plan.
- Ensure maximized efficient vehicle operation, and travel demand management.
- Overall vehicle operations planning; Allocation of vehicles to Care authorized Drivers.
- Perform vehicle online tracking and monitor vehicle movement and trace violations with possible corrective action.
- Record and analyze fuel consumption profiles to identify areas of high and low efficiency for targeted action.
- Preparation of Monthly, and periodic fleet Management reports in a timely manner.
- Monthly submission of updated data on vehicle usage and status.
- Monthly generation of effective fuel efficiency reports in accordance with Care Vehicle
- Management Policy.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all vehicle records, and other Office documentation.
- Fleet Maintenance & Usage.
- Planning and organizing for cost effective vehicle repairs, and maintenance as per the Manufactures’ specifications in liaison with the Workshop.
- Ensure update of the master vehicle maintenance and inspection schedule to ascertain service of fleet as stipulated in the periodic servicing manuals.
- Ensure correct update of vehicles logbook particulars by the Drivers making right entries.
- Carry out preliminary investigations on transport related incidences and road accidents in view of managing risks and exposure.
- Ensure the requirements for vehicle safety, security, health, and work environment for passenger staff and Drivers are met.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of active road accident prevention programs.
- Fuel and mileage management; Monitor vehicle fueling, and usage by all authorized Drivers.
- Ensure all vehicles are cleaned, and safely parked at their designated lots by 6:00 PM.
- Supervision of Drivers.
- Supervision of all RAP Drivers; workforce development, coaching, and discipline.
- Undertaking the mid-year and annual appraisal of Drivers.
- Preparation of Driver annual leave plans in line with the Organization policies.
- Conduct trainings for Drivers on basic vehicle maintenance, safety & security, and road safety.
- Enforcement of Organizational regulations on vehicle management and ensuring compliance with the Kenya Traffic Legislative Act.
- Ensure prompt reporting of vehicle accidents, and mishandling by all authorized Drivers.
- Ensure proper vehicle handover by drivers before they proceed on leave.
- Vehicle Legislation and Documentation.
- Ensure the necessary vehicle legislation requirements are up-to-date in accordance with the
- Traffic Act by facilitating renewal of vehicle Insurance covers, Government Inspections, TLB and other road licenses.
- Ensure all vehicles are equipped with the necessary documentation such as Emergency contact and communication protocol, accident/incident report forms prior to making trips.
- Advise the Organization on changes or amendments regarding the Kenyan Traffic code on
- vehicle registration and operations certification.
- Management of Outsourced Transport.
- Monitor fuel consumption of the outsourced fleet on a weekly basis.
- Regular weekly checks of the vehicle drivers’ logbook particulars.
- Advise the Management on the operational condition of the vehicle.
- Ensure maximization and efficient use of the outsourced transport for logistical operations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee career website on www.smartrecruiters.com to apply