The Senior People & Culture Partner will provide high impact strategic partnership to primarily drive and facilitate the transformation of the culture of the company and the people agenda. This will also be in line with the achievement of the Company Business strategy through appropriate interventions to business and employee experience matters. The Senior People & Culture Partner will provide oversight leadership to the People & Culture partners and work with the HR Functional/Specialist areas to co-craft and provide Business/Employee-centred interventions.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) , the Senior People & Culture Partner is accountable and responsible for the People and Culture partners delivering as a team and under the guidance of the CHRO for influencing and driving distinctive employee experience and transformative culture change initiatives as a change and transformation agent. He/she
will handle the most complex relationships and engagements with the senior business leaders. This is a key transformation partner who inspires the confidence of senior leaders, the people and culture partners as well as HR functional expertise areas.
The Senior People & Culture Partner will also have various key roles as a:
Transformation/Culture Change Partner
- Play an integral role in business transformation/culture change programs within HR, departments and the Company at large.
- Drive and transform culture of the company through influence and outcome-based interventions co-crafted with the business and in line with the envisaged company’s transformative purpose.
- Prompt and advise the senior leaders on the effective management of change so that business performance is impacted positively by the change process and colleagues are treated fairly and are supportive of the change.
- Help staff to cope and appreciate change/transformation initiatives by regular engagement and sessions with staff as well as collect key feedback to aid in decision making.
- Continuously benchmark against industry standards and offerings for structures, employee experience, culture programs, performance, new ways of working in collaboration with functional areas, leadership and staff.
- Responsible for HR-driven actions for transformation projects as assigned and evidence impact and value of their contribution
Performance & Productivity Partner
- Provides continuous performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counselling, career development, consequence management).
- Provides individualized coaching and mentorship to team leaders and targeted staff for enhanced engagement and productivity purposes.
- Ensure that line managers are equipped with the skills to coach their people to higher levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills. This includes the management of underperformers and effective engagement of the said impacted staff.
- Support and challenge Team leaders and the business unit Senior Team, driving a high-performance agenda with a focus to continuously improve the people and business performance.
- Responsible for the regular review of all the Tactical Plans for Team leaders for all partnerships to drive high performance and hold staff accountable to KPIs, - the ‘what’ and the ‘How’.
- Participate in performance moderation to ensure that individual performance reflects the unit/Company performance
- Challenge the leaders within the department if the overall performance, potential and succession plans are not adequate and develop clear action plans to address this.
- Accountable for the quality of talent in the department – both internally and the quality of external recruits. In particular, to ensure that we are sufficiently aligned and aware of the external market and are able to fully exploit any opportunities that this presents.
- Ensure that the department’s projected optimal resourcing levels are adequately met, Support all optimal resourcing initiatives impacting the partnerships and departments as part of the talent agenda.
- Conduct quarterly talent reviews and contribute to capabilities building in all partnerships and department.
- Have clear visibility of all talent benches in partnerships and provide guidance on how talent gaps and opportunities can be addressed or harnessed. Responsible for talent reporting in the partnerships.
- In collaboration with functional areas, actively contribute to the implementation of structural reviews and the resourcing in impacted areas of review.
- Support recruitment as part of resourcing partnership areas as necessary
- Take ownership for the talent agenda within the business unit, ensuring that the talent needs both today and for the future are planned for and are in place. This will include clarity of emerging skill requirements within the department.
Employee Experience & Engagement Partner
- Together with employees and functional leads craft employee-centred solutions to people agenda matters.
- Work closely with team leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Ensure that all tools and techniques that help drive engagement are utilized e.g. good 2-way communication channels; action plans following employee engagements surveys are robust and meaningful; use of recognition and differentiated rewards.
- Facilitation of resolution of employee engagement issues and consultatively creating sustained solutions to individual and collective employee challenges.
- Regular and planned engagement sessions with team leaders and divisional heads with key HR-driven actions and clear impact measurement mechanisms, tied to performance and productivity.
- Responsible for the implementation of agreed Employee Experience and Culture Change initiatives in all the partnerships with measurable impact and outcomes.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues in collaboration with Head - Employee Relations.
- Proactively invest time to understand and resolve employee relations issues within the BU to identify and fully address the key underlying issues.
- Continuously provide guidance on policies and procedures in liaison with other HR functions.
Learning & Coaching Partner
- Be a coach and confidant to the departmental leader and team leaders and appropriately challenge status quo where needful.
- Accountable for ensuring that technical and functional skill development needs are properly and adequately met across the business unit or for the function.
- Liaising with the Learning & Development function to identify and address learning needs in the departments for business-led interventions on building necessary capabilities across the company.
- Ensure effectiveness of the overall delivery of HR services in the departments and working appropriately with HR Services Hub and the HR functional expertise to deliver great HR support to the departments.
- Ensure usage of all the appropriate tools including trackers, templates, call reports and evidence the contribution in each area of partnership as part of performance appraisal.
The successful candidate will possess the following core competencies, skills and Experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use and interpret data to both guide and validate decisions.
- Working knowledge, understanding, and practical application of employment laws and HR practices.
- Ability to quickly grasp the big picture, using insights from business leaders, People & Culture partners colleagues and functional HR expertise areas. Deep knowledge of Business – Business acumen.
- Proven track record of successful conflict resolution, negotiation, and coaching.
- Inspirational leadership - ability to inspire and motivate colleagues and drive right service behaviors across the company. Tenacity & Trusted to deliver – great work ethic and integrity.
- Execution Excellence -Focus on achieving results. Change adaptability and comfortable with working with ambiguity
- Design thinking and agile methodology of working
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to care and concern for employees/customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related degree. Master’s degree preferred but not a requirement. Registered member of Institute of Human Resource Management (HRM).
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience and strong HR leadership experience and track record and excellent business partnership mindset