KOBO Safaris is a leading Tour operator in East and Southern Africa and is looking for a self-committed and results oriented individual to fill the above named position.
Reporting to the Groups & Incentives Manager, the Groups & Incentives Executive is responsible for ensuring that the company works to satisfy its groups and incentives clientele needs by guaranteeing travelers satisfaction and fulfillment through proposing viable itineraries, accurately booking all services for the clients and ensuring proper coordination of all services booked on the ground.
Furthermore, the position exists to ensure the company makes maximum profits from all services sold to the clients by ensuring that all prices quoted are correct and to the benefit of the company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Responsible for receiving vetted requests from the Groups & Incentives Manager or directly from the office in Spain and/or incentives agents. Timely and accurately responding with information required
- Producing quotations for suggested/requested programs
- Following up regularly on all quotations sent out
- Booking clients services once a group is confirmed including accommodation, transportation, flights, requisition for park fees etc.
- Doing billing schedules and making sure that all moneys due to the Company are paid in prior to group’s arrival
- Travel with groups as forerunner when necessary
- Pre-checking sites prior to group’s arrival such as restaurants, rooms, bush sites etc.
- Ensuring that all costing spreadsheets and net profit calculations are accurately prepared for each quotation within the required profit margins
- Ensuring that all quotes and proposals are checked and accurately sent to incentive houses and/or agents within twenty four (24) hours
- Translation into English of all Spanish language requests which are being delegated to team members – this should be done with a Spanish-speaking resource if required
- Negotiating for special rates with suppliers
- Conducting inspection trips if required
- Filling in for the Groups & Incentives Manager when he or she is absent
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQURED FOR THIS POSITION
The position requires a diploma in Tourism and at least 3 to 5 years of proven work experience in handling itineraries and/or reservations in a medium sized Company in the tourism industry.
The following additional competencies are necessary:
- Solid background in tour operations
- Comprehensive understanding of all tourist circuits in Kenya & Tanzania
- Commitment, integrity and determination to ensure that all efforts undertaken are in the best interest of the Company
- Adaptability and behavioural flexibility
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Spanish language
- Ability to work under minimum supervision, self-motivated, innovative and hardworking
- Good relations with key suppliers (hoteliers) and agents
- Enthusiasm, energy and ability to deliver
- Excellent knowledge of MS word, MS excel, MS PowerPoint and GranIT
- Excellent organization skills and forward planning
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications directly to email@example.com by 4th October 2019
Please indicate your expected salary
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.