Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feeding millions of people across the Africa.
VF is the fastest growing aquaculture business on the continent and the largest producer of Tilapia in East Africa. The company is rapidly expanding its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people, and processes to build a model for sustainable protein production on the continent. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
Reports to: Aquaculture Cage Production Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of Kenya’s fastest growing young companies?
This is an opportunity to help shape the development of an organization that aims to be a sustainable leader in large scale aquaculture production. Professionally, you would be joining a business with evergrowing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a profound exposure to high-growth business environment.
Come join us at Victory Farms as an Aqua Systems Manager.
- Provide guidance in data entry and management of Aqua Manager.
- In coordination with the production manager the Analyst will, design computer application systems, modules and any software components needed to support Aquaculture production.
- Develop and maintain technical design documents and blueprints for software solutions including specifications and architectural design diagrams.
- Apply relevant emerging technologies, industry standards, best practices and provide input during Software Development Lifecycle
- Collect and record growth, production, and environmental data. Compile operational data and maintain operational records.
- Supervise and train aquaculture and fish hatchery support workers.
- Devise and participate in activities to improve fish hatching and growth rates, and to prevent disease in hatcheries.
- Developing monthly feed conversion ratio (FCR) and fish survival reports
- Confer with biologists, fish pathologists, and other fishery personnel to obtain data concerning fish habits, diseases, food, and environmental requirements.
- Provide support in ensuring dissolved oxygen, temperature, & Secchi disk readings are conducted every morning and afternoon to assess water quality.
- Strong data management background with a proven ability to interact with complex systems and large dataset.
- Computer science background, data management and analysis, and must be willing to learn about aquaculture.
- A University Degree in Agricultural/horticultural or Fisheries and Aquatic science or related agricultural field.
- 5 years’ experience working in commercial aquaculture/poultry or flower farming
- Strong experience large-scale production systems, - Fish farming, flower farming or Poultry farming.
- Should have logistical and operational mindset.
- Should have strong teamwork and ability to function well in groups, including strong communication skills.
- Desire to learn and progress within the organization.
- Efficiency focused, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated to excellence and detail-oriented execution.
- Candidate must demonstrate a strong willingness and desire to relocate to rural Homabay, Kenya.
Method of Application
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org