Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
In conjunction with various donors, sectors, partners, other stakeholders, and the MoH, Malteser International implements several own and partner implemented projects in Kenya. Currently, the main projects are an innovative approach to improved management of non-communicable diseases in the informal settlements of Nairobi, a multi-stakeholder partnership for neglected, specialized health professions in Kenya, a tuberculosis project in Nairobi County, and various smaller foundation funded projects. The main objective is to manage, intensify and scale up innovative and partnership health projects in MNCH activities. And further to ensure that management of all health related activities is aligned and linked to the overall Kenya Country Strategy and explore possibilities of expansion in other strategic areas.
Malteser International is looking for a motivated
Country Coordinator Kenya
Main purpose of the role:
The Health Program Manager is responsible for the implementation and coordination of the aforementioned projects and activities related to the Kenya Health Strategy including M&E.
- Plan and coordinate the successful and timely implementation of all project activities in the program’s catchment area.
- Recruit, supervise, coach and line manage the program health team in Kenya
- Coordinate research activities.
- Monitor and evaluate regular progress of the health projects based on goals, objectives, and results with attention to Quality Management.
- Assure regular reporting for Malteser International, donors and authorities.
- Ensure qualitative proposal development / resource mobilization in health sector for Kenya.
- Represent the technical part of MInt projects at local authorities, partners, NGOs, and donors on local level.
- Participate in coordination meetings, workshops, stakeholder meetings and consortia.
- Contribute to the development of local strategies, ensure linkage to the country strategy.
- Work on possibilities to expand the project portfolio to assure program continuity.
- Participate in regional assessments / support in Health Sector where needed.
- Networking with stakeholders (MoH, County, Sub-County, partners, donors, etc.)
- Organize or undertake regular supervisory visits to projects and sites to ensure good implementation of projects.
- Any other duty as assigned and required.
- Graduate degree in a field related to public health
- At least five years hands-on project experience in public health, management and / or community based strategies
- Track record of managing contracts, grants and programmatic activities
- Track record of collaborative proposal development and writing
- Demonstrated collaborative approach including experience in working with Government officials with good negotiation skills, patience, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to prioritize work according to importance and deadlines while meeting work demands
- Possesses initiative and is able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups with demonstrated ability to manage teams and support others in their work
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of responsibility
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.
- Excellent English oral and written language skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities under minimal supervision
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
Starting date: as soon as 10/2019
Duration of contract (after probation): annual (renewal possible)
Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package
Please note that this is an unaccompanied position
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Malteser International career website on ds6.rexx-server.com to apply