The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda.
The Regional Partnerships and Planning unit providing support to Country Offices (CO’s) on Project Cycle Management,Corporate Reporting, Knowledge Management and NGO/Cooperating Partner (CP) Management.
To help provide clear, easy-to-understand guidance and reference material, the unit has identified the need for a graphic design intern to interpret information in a visually captivating manner that will help CO’s easily understand processes, workflows, concepts and checklists.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months in Graphic Design,Visual Arts, Journalism, Communication, Web Editing or related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Knowledge in Adobe Suite
- Fluent in English
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support each of the sub-team (Project Cycle Management, Corporate Reporting, Knowledge Management and NGO/Cooperating Partner (CP) Management in producing visual aids (assets) for processes, checklists, updates and annual reports.
- Create templates for all assets created which can be reused/edited;
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for presentations;
- Edit reports and other reference materials;
- Design of reports and other materials for printing and digital distribution;
- Improve and edit artwork, photos, charts and other graphic elements;
- Edit photographic files for illustrative and layout purposes such as publishing, presentations; and
- Prepare final digital files for press, print, web and social media.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Proven experience of graphic production from concept and design to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and color management;
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
- Advanced knowledge of standard software packages, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud etc.
- Ability to edit documents and/or summarize content for various audience
- Working experience in development or humanitarian environment is desirable
TRAINING COMPONENTS & LEARNING ELEMENTS
- On the job coaching & training.
- Field trips
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
- Duration of the internship : 8 months.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations World Food Programme career website on career5.successfactors.eu to apply