Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Nowhere is this mission more alive, and our opportunity so great, than in the education industry.
The objective of the Specialist - Education is to expand strategic education customer relationships to drive larger impact and targeted business growth and drive the jointly agreed customer multi-year Digital Transformation business strategy through articulating Microsoft’s Azure Infrastructure offerings, delivering agreed outcomes while leading a virtual internal and external team with the customer and partners.
- Selling education services and solutions that:
- Drive Azure as the cloud for education, especially in academic research by establishing strategic design wins across top research institutions
- Grow awareness/usage of the Microsoft Cloud to close talent gap of students, researchers and faculty/instructors on Azure/Cloud
Key Outcomes / Measures of Success
- 100% of opportunity pipeline tracked in MSX for Microsoft Modern Classroom solutions within key accounts.
- Drive replicable success by having 100% of Enterprise/E200 accounts with at least one Education Industry solution opportunity closed
- Grow MAD across E200 and managed accounts
- Increase O365 MAU with students and educators in E200 and managed accounts
- Increase usage of Teams in E200 and managed accounts
- Grow and protect Windows 10 device share with #% growth in New Education Windows Devices
- Deliver M365 business value pitch and demo to BDM, ITDM or industry account contact in 100% of M365 opportunities
- Drive upsell motion at 100% of renewals by leading with security, compliance and teamwork premium workloads
- Owning opportunities, from qualification to closure
- Orchestrating MW Technical specialists to drive advanced workloads supporting M365 E5
- Winning new customers by positioning the value of Modern Workplace to non-cloud accounts
- Growing the Surface footprint by positioning the M365 and Surface better together story
- Engaging and coordinating with Partners, Microsoft Services
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong solution sales background, with 5-8 years of technology-related experience, with experience in immersive and inclusive learning experiences, Online Productivity tools, Windows, mobility and devices
- The expertise and ability to explain key end-user solutions and technical architectures aligned to a customer maturity framework/path in Windows 10 Pro and Education, Office 365 clients and Modern Classroom deployment tools such as Identity with Azure Active Directory Premium (AAD P1), Intune (MDM and MAM) and Teams with School Data Sync (SDS) set-up. And looking holistically end to end to the resources ready for deployment & adoption (usage) assistance for smooth customer experience.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt and master new concepts and technologies to be able to impact their adoption and usage
- Possess executive maturity, presence and experience in building trust with education business decision makers articulating and demonstrating Microsoft and partner solution value propositions, with specific emphasis on solutions related to immersive and inclusive learning experiences.
- Ability to drive digital transformation in a highly competitive environment with proven ability to successfully anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions, with an understanding of competitive technologies to address competitive threats and navigate complex customer environments
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.