- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Finance Officer/Projects Accountant at Grassroots Development Initiatives Foundation-Kenya (GRADIF-K)
Posted on: 20 September, 2019
Deadline: 27 September, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Grassroots Development Initiative
Grassroots Development Initiatives Foundation-Kenya (GRADIF-K), a National Community Development Agency is searching for an “All Round”, qualified and experienced person to fill the position of the Foundation’s Finance Officer/F/Projects Account. Reporting to the Finance & Administrative Manager, the holder of the position shall adhere to the national and international accounting procedures and standards. The successful person shall be based in the field office located at Chuka Town in Tharaka Nithi County and shall spend 80% of her/his time in the field office and 20% in the Coordination office in Nairobi. He /she shall also be called up to provide his/her services to other GRADIF-Kenya field offices whenever need arises.
- Adhering to GRADIF-Kenya financial management policies and procedures, provide technical assistance and supervision in financial planning, budgeting and controls of
- Governance Project, other Foundation’s projects and ensure expenditures compliance with the approved budget plans.
- Support GRADIF-Kenya Programme/projects staff and the Finance and Administration Manager in development of Projects budgets and work plans.
- He/she will be responsible for timely preparation of various payments including petty cash liquidation, preparations for banking and collection of projects cash and checks to/from the bank and other related duties as advised.
- Ensuring the maintenance of accurate bank balances for the URAIA TRUST funded Project accounts as well as ensuring adequate funds balances before subsequent requisitions are made to the funder.
- Reviewing and approving cash payments and verifying staff field/travel periderms, Civic Educators payments and related claims for completeness and records accuracy.
- He/she shall ensure routine preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and monthly bank reconciliations and share with project management and the funders.
- He/she shall also undertake capacity development and mentoring all staff in his/her department and other project interns/TOTs in various financial and projects matters.
- Ensuring the maintenance of accurate and up to date filing system for accounting records and related vouchers for the project; Ensure compliance with internal control mechanisms and make relevant recommendations on areas for improvement to the Finance Manager and the CEO.
- Timely prepare financial documents and records for annual Financial and projects audits, share with the Finance Manager and participate in audit exercises.
- He /she shall participate in the resource Mobilization initiatives for the sustainability of the project
- Monitor the extent to which projects are implementation in comparison to plans through field visits to establish value for money.
- Participate in capacity development events: forums, conferences and related events
- Participate in other Organizational team tasks as need arises and/or as directed by your supervisors.
- Applicants should possess not less than 3 years of progressive work experience handling financial management/accountancy matters in donor funded projects/programs.
- Have prior experience in Volunteering / working with International and Local NGOs, Community Foundations, FBOs, other Development Agencies or the Government of Kenya (GOK) serving in rural environments in any part of Kenya.
- Show demonstrated evidence of own self initiativity in various other development projects/ initiatives besides his/her ability in financial management.
- Be well versed with Governance hindering development initiatives in Tharaka Nithi County and other neighbouring counties in the Eastern and other regions in Kenya.
- Holder of at least undergraduate degree from a recognized university in Social Sciences; Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting/Finance Option, Bachelor of Arts; Sociology,
- Statistics coupled with at least CPA 3 qualification. Master’s Degree holders coupled with relevant courses, and experiences will have an added advantage.
- Some understanding of targeted Counties’: Social Cultural, Political, Economic and Social Contexts and developmental dynamisms is required.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit a Cover Letter, One Pager Capability Statement and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO),
Grassroots Development Initiatives Foundation-Kenya (GRADIF-K),
P.O. Box 16699 00100.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us not later than Friday, the 27th day of September, 2019.
Applications shall be reviewed as they are received as an on-going process.
The successful candidate shall be required to report immediately
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Grassroots Development Initiatives Foundation-Keny...Similar Jobs
- Regional Country Director at Handicap International
- Latest Recruitment at AMREF Kenya
- INTERN – ICT Participatory-Habitat Initiative for Latin America Countries at UN-Habitat
- Business Development Specialist at Catholic Relief Services
- Project Implementation Manager at East African Social Ventures (EASV)
- STA Regional Resilience Director at Mercy Corps
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) at International Centre for Reproductive Health – Kenya (ICRHK)
- Finance Intern at Farm Africa