St. Paul’s University is an ecumenical private chartered university founded in 1903. It is strategically located in the lush Kiambu County along Nairobi-Limuru Route A, 30kms from Nairobi, next to Jumuia Conference and Country Home with other campuses in Nairobi, Nakuru and Machakos. It is in a cool and serene environment that is very conducive for the learning process. The University is an internationally recognized private institution that provides education to over 6000 students at the graduate and undergraduate levels. The Christian Principles and perspectives on life and a student body and faculty that represent different countries provide a diversity that enriches learning and your stay at the University.
We invite applications from mature Christian professionals with high ethical standing for the following position:
Job Objective: Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor, he/she will be responsible for the development and implementation of sound financial and administrative policies needed by the University to realize its mission, vision and strategic objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must have the following qualifications and experience:
- A PhD holder and preferably an associate or full professor at a recognized University with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in an academic and senior management position in a university or with proven experience in an executive leadership position in an institution of comparable status.
- Proficiency in financial management and business training will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable track record in the management of financial, human and physical resources at a top management level.
- Demonstrate evidence of leadership skills, outstanding communication ability, coupled with excellent presentation skills within a University working environment.
- Experience in strategic management, resource mobilization and networking.
- Conversance with national laws on education and the Kenyan labour laws.
- Be of high ethical standards and professionalism.
- Demonstrable faith and Christian maturity.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be the principal assistant to the Vice Chancellor in the day today running of the Administration, Finance, Planning and Development functions of the University.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership to the Finance and General Administration Departments, which currently include Finance, Human Resources, Administration and Information and Communication Technology.
- Ensure formulation and implementation of policies and strategies that support the realization of departmental and divisional objectives and the University’s overall mission.
- Implement procurement, financial control, human resource and administrative policies and procedures to ensure effective performance and delivery of services and cause revisions of such policies and procedures as may be necessary.
- Develop appropriate procedures and ensure compliance to all statutory and legal requirements in general administration and finance within the University.
- Coordinate the implementation, revision and evaluation of the University’s strategic plan.
- Develop systems and procedures to attract, recruit, develop and retain qualified and experienced staff and manage performance appraisal system, discipline, good work ethos and adherence to SPU’s code of conduct.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor from time to time.
Note: The position of the Deputy Vice Chancellor is a 5 year contract eligible for renewal on the basis of satisfactory performance. The post carries a competitive remuneration package. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, please send your application letter, CV, testimonials and a duly filled application form (available here) to:
The Vice Chancellor,
St. Paul’s University.
Applications should be received on or before October 4th 2019.