Roles and responsibilities
Anjarwalla & Khanna’s Litigation team handles complex and high value disputes. With a large and multi-office team, we advise on a wide range of contentious matters, including shareholder disputes, contractual claims, insolvency, real estate, environment, intellectual property, fraud, tax, maritime law and regulatory compliance. The team is increasingly advising on cross border matters and assisting with forensic investigations. We are also experienced in using alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
We are seeking a high calibre Principal Associate. The role will report to the Partner in charge of Litigation.
In more detail, the areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Leading/ working with teams of associates and/or assisting senior associates and partners in novel, complex and high value litigation, dispute resolution matters, corporate fraud, economic, competition, anti-bribery and corruption investigations and all other areas of law related to the foregoing.
- Drafting and reviewing pleadings, court documents and correspondence.
- Undertaking due diligence on litigation matters.
- Providing legal and technical advice including drafting legal opinions.
- Ensure billing and collection of deposit and fees.
- Building and maintaining good networks and relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Lead and/or participate in departmental trainings.
- Participate in business development.
- Contribute to the litigation department’s knowledge management.
- Participate in the review and/or drafting of legislation.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, with potential travel within other towns in Kenya and/or East Africa.
Experience and personal qualities
- Law Degree and an advocate of the High Court.
- At least five years post qualification experience in litigation.
- Demonstrated experience in working on large scale projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience managing a team or teams.
- Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
- Ability to multitask and handle varied moving parts in a complex and demanding environment.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Extremely organised and efficient.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively and persuasively, in person and in writing.
- The ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of people (both internally and externally).
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a professional manner.
- A commitment to our mission and strong ethical integrity.
The role will be based Kenya, with potential travel within East Africa.
If your career aspirations match this opportunity, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing this position PA/L/19 by 12:00pm (GMT) Friday, 27th September 2019.
Interested and qualified? Go to Anjarwalla & Khanna on www.linkedin.com