- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovation Officer at Kenya Red Cross
Posted on: 24 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Kenya Red Cross Society
Kenya Red Cross is the national Society for Kenya and a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society. Establshed by an act of parliarment Chapter 265 of The Laws of Kenya and auxilliary to the Government in times of disaster and war.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Spur development of a strong innovation culture within the organization that is more human-centred.
- Manage and support the implementation of the various projects under the innovation unit
- Develop, manage and strengthen relationships with current and potential donors and partners
- Support development and documentation of innovation use cases, proof of concept and business models
- Track best practices and maintain a breadth of knowledge about current trends, emerging issues and opportunities in the innovation space that will improve service delivery
- Support human- centred and co-design workshops at all levels to promote solution development
- Coordinate and organize innovation-based events such as Hackathons, innovation challenges, trainings and other innovation related forums for interested individuals from different backgrounds, across the organization
- Train and support staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners, as necessary, on innovation program design, concepts, skills and tools, including facilitation of trainings and workshops.
- Any other duties as required within the level and authority of this position
- Ability to coordinate and network with partners to build synergies that enhance sustainability
- Have strong team working and relationship building skills
- Ability to provide timely, well written and analytical reports as required.
- Self-motivated and confident with a passion for humanitarian work and keen to learn as well as share knowledge
- Creative, open-minded and compassionate person able to facilitate and guide discussions on humanitarian issues
- Strong analytical thinker able to successfully navigate complex stakeholder processes and support project management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Community Development, information-Technology
- Three years of experience in working in innovation management. Experience in working in the humanitarian sector is an added advantage.
- Excellent written, spoken and analytical skills in English
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Red Cross Society career website on www.redcross.or.ke to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kenya Red Cross SocietySimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at International Organization for Migration
- Research Associate II at International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
- Latest Jobs at Council of Governors (CoG)
- Country Representative - Kenya at Catholic Relief Services
- Part time Finance Officer at HealthRight International
- Finance Manager at FilmAid International
- Regional Country Director at Handicap International
- Latest Recruitment at AMREF Kenya