Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC) was incorporated in 1997 as a limited liability company whose overall aim is to provide Human Resource consultancy and training services to a diverse set of industries and economic sectors; both private and public.
Streamline tax processes and set up controls on tax risks and opportunities.
Work closely with the KBL Supply Chain, Legal and Corporate Relations and the wider team in implementing various regulatory issues impacting the business.
The role will have functional line responsibility to the Customs & Tax Manager and give support to the various functions across Supply chain while working closely with both the KBL Finance and Group Tax team in achieving Tax Compliance Agenda.
However as part of a small team there is a high degree of self-sufficiency required in the role with direct accountability to help deliver initiatives for various stakeholders.
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
- The role will support the Customs & Tax Manager in providing leadership and direction to the business (e.g. Production, logistics, Customer Service, Procurement, marketing, tax team) and senior management) on various Customs and Tax issues.
- Implementing Tax agenda, minimizing tax risks relating to imports and exports of raw materials and finished goods, licensing, duty remission schemes and exemption programmes, reconciliation and retirement of bonds, excise duty, excise stamps management and other direct and indirect tax areas with a key focus on compliance
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Handling the process of import duty, bonds executed for purposes of various remissions that the Group is entitled to and ensure that the import process flows smoothly; Review of importation documents prior to payment of taxes to ensure accuracy
- Processing of registration of new products/innovations with the Revenue Authority to ensure approvals and timely launch of products.
- Manage the excise stamps process, forecasting, ordering and process of applications via the EGMS system. Monitoring the utilisation and production activities while working closely with the various stakeholders that handle the stamps.
- Ensuring the export process flows smoothly across the business by supporting the logistics team and ensuring any arising issues are resolved with the KRA resident officer.
- 1st degree in business related studies
- 1-2 years post qualification experience within a finance or tax function in a multinational (preferred), a tax advisory firm or Revenue Authority (Customs)
- Basic knowledge of taxation laws within Eastern Africa
- Accounting Knowledge and experience
- Application of tax knowledge to commercial agenda
- Experience in working with multi-faceted teams, ability to coach others towards achieving set goals, and influencing skills at a senior level
Method of Application
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 27th September 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted