Contract: Permanent and full-time
Reporting to: Head of Management Information Systems
Location of Work: Based in the Development Pathways’ offices in Nairobi, Kenya, with international travel of up to 3 months per year.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
Summary of Job
Are you an experienced international development programme manager? Do you want to apply your skills and experience in the management of cutting-edge social policy initiatives? With Development Pathways, you can make a real contribution to transforming people’s lives and the changing the global social policy landscape.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Programme Manager to join our growing team in Kenya.
We are growing rapidly and now need to further strengthen our project delivery capacity in our Nairobi office by recruiting a Senior Programme Manager.
The Senior Programme Manager will work with Head of Programmes and the Senior Management Team to shape the design of functional programme delivery systems. S/he will also be required to work closely with the Head of MIS and our dedicated MIS team, to ensure effective and efficient management of our MIS projects worldwide, and maintain the high-quality standards Development Pathways is known for.
This position will also have line management responsibilities.
- Management Information Systems Unit (MIS) Management
- Coordinate the development of team objectives and the annual plan for the Management Information Systems Unit, and oversee monitoring and reporting against the annual plan;
- Ensure regular team meetings, and fluid communication within the MIS team, and across other technical and management units;
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are effectively implemented;
- Ensure high quality management and oversight of the MIS Unit budget allocations and spending, in line with the annual plan.
- Project and Financial Management
- Ensure the delivery of all projects within the Management Information Systems Team are within their agreed timeline, budget, scope and to high quality, under the leadership of the Head of MIS;
- Ensure all project management procedures and systems are functioning and effective e.g. contracting and invoicing, and travel and security policies;
- Oversee the financial management of projects within the MIS unit including forecasting, and regular reporting on variances;
- Support the Head of Unit to ensure that systems for the quality assurance of deliverables are functioning and effective;
- Ensure the filing and archiving of project documentation and support the reporting on all projects, ensuring that the Head of Programmes and Head of MIS are adequately informed of progress;
- Help build strong and productive relations with clients and partner organisations, supporting contract negotiation and effective communications on behalf of the Head of Programmes and Head of MIS;
- Ensure that consultants are given effective support and develop a strong allegiance to Development Pathways;
- Ensure that the SP team undertakes regular and accurate monthly financial forecasts and expenditure, supervising programme officers and passing information on to the Head of Programmes;
- Oversee risk management processes for the Management Information Systems Unit; Provide oversight and support to field operations teams across all projects.
·Undertake other activities as required.
- People Management
- Provide effective line management, advice, support, professional development and mentorship to Programme Officers and Programme Assistants working in the Management Information Systems Unit;
- Lead the recruitment and training of new Programme Officers and Administrative Assistants within the MIS Team.
The Senior Programme Manager must have the following qualifications, skills and competencies:
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Management, International Relations, Social Policy or other relevant discipline;
- Seven (7) years of experience in project management, including in different countries or regions, and, preferably for social development programmes or IT systems;
- 5 years of experience in managing individuals and teams with multiple disciplines and levels of competency, and from varied cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrable understanding of project cycle management processes;
- Experience in leading and implementing due diligence processes;
- Demonstrable experience in contributing to strategy development and planning;
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office);
- Excellent communicator and networker;
- Ability to identify, and understand risks;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Capable of managing completing tasks and working calmly under pressure;
- Capable of working independently.
- PRINCE2, PMP or another project management qualification desirable;
- Masters degree.
We invite interested candidates, who meet the requirements, to email their applications to email@example.com
Applications must include:
- A cover letter of up to 2 pages explaining why you are applying for this position, and how your qualifications, experience and skills meet the requirements of this position;
- A Curriculum Vitae (maximum of four pages) specifying your qualifications, education and relevant work experience.
- Current and expected remuneration.
If you successfully reach the interview stage, we will expect the names, email addresses and day-time contact numbers of two referees, one of them being your current line manager/supervisor and your degree/qualification certificates (please do not send this information with your application).
Closing date for this post will be the close of business, Friday, 25th October 2019