Duties and responsibilities:
- Payment processing, matching requisition to LPO and invoices, ensuring they are adequately support, allowable and within the program approved subject to approval limits
- Lead in the preparation of programme and organization budgets
- Preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual budget vs actual expenditure for review by the Program team and CEO
- Preparation of various donor financial reports as per the donor requirements in accordance with the grant agreement.
- Preparation of Donor invoices for funds request as well as other invoices as might be requested from time to time
- Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, and assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls
- Maintaining accurate books of accounts and ensuring that all financial transactions comply with set organizational policies and procedures and internal controls are complied with in all instance
- Preparing monthly bank and cash reconciliations
- Processing of payments to all vendors, consultants and beneficiaries, ensuring they are sufficiently supported, eligible and paid from the correct project and budget.
- Coordinating external and project audits, responding to audit queries and support implementation of audit recommendations
- Support other Programme monitoring and evaluation activities, including programme budget variance analysis, periodic review and planning meetings, and budget revisions;
- Ensure procurement is done in line with the organization and donor policies while ensuring prudent use of resources
- Managing Human resource including processing of payroll, and ensuring staff medical insurances are renewed on time
- Preparing travel advance requests for project activities participants
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documents
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Minimum of CPA Part III or its equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in Accounting, Grants management & financial Reporting
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures.
- Proficiency MS office suite and Quick books
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural team.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Strong self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities and take appropriate action.
- Willing to travel
Location: Secretariat in Nairobi
Contract: This is a 1 year contract, renewable upon performance and availability of funding. The position has a competitive remuneration package