Duties and responsibilities:
- Payment processing, matching requisition to LPO and invoices, ensuring they are adequately support, allowable and within the program approved subject to approval limits
- Lead in the preparation of programme and organization budgets
- Preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual budget vs actual expenditure for review by the Program team and CEO
- Preparation of various donor financial reports as per the donor requirements in accordance with the grant agreement.
- Preparation of Donor invoices for funds request as well as other invoices as might be requested from time to time
- Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, and assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls
- Maintaining accurate books of accounts and ensuring that all financial transactions comply with set organizational policies and procedures and internal controls are complied with in all instance
- Preparing monthly bank and cash reconciliations
- Processing of payments to all vendors, consultants and beneficiaries, ensuring they are sufficiently supported, eligible and paid from the correct project and budget.
- Coordinating external and project audits, responding to audit queries and support implementation of audit recommendations
- Support other Programme monitoring and evaluation activities, including programme budget variance analysis, periodic review and planning meetings, and budget revisions;
- Ensure procurement is done in line with the organization and donor policies while ensuring prudent use of resources
- Managing Human resource including processing of payroll, and ensuring staff medical insurances are renewed on time
- Preparing travel advance requests for project activities participants
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documents
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Minimum of CPA Part III or its equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in Accounting, Grants management & financial Reporting
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures.
- Proficiency MS office suite and Quick books
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural team.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Strong self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities and take appropriate action.
- Willing to travel
Location: Secretariat in Nairobi
Contract: This is a 1 year contract, renewable upon performance and availability of funding. The position has a competitive remuneration package
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences are invited to submit their application. This should include cover letter, CV, three professional references and availability, addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and sent through email firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th September 2019. COECSA is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender, equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.