Founded in 2012, Jibu is a pioneering a powerful new model that provides opportunities for entrepreneurs to own businesses that ensure access to basic human necessities in underserved, emerging market communities. Jibu has scaled a network of locally owned, economically independent franchises that provide safe drinking water to their communities while offering life-changing training and employment.
Empowered by a belief in the ability of eye-to-eye partnership to unleash latent entrepreneurial talent, Jibu is transforming the challenge of addressing basic human needs into an expansive opportunity that allows thousands of entrepreneurs to build lasting solutions, one neighborhood at a time. The company’s ultimate vision is to train, finance, and grow a network of co-invested business owners who will revolutionize the way critical resources are used in emerging markets.
Reports to: COO
Start date: Position Available immediately
Jibu is looking for an energetic operations wizard who is a creative problem-solver and wishes to commit a minimum of three years to help lead a rapidly growing company to make a profit while also making a big social impact.
The successful candidate will be a talented, motivated and hands-on manager with proven track record to lead a team to success, drive results and contribute to the continuous improvement of the business.
The position requires mid-level management experience and offers tremendous potential for growth.
This position requires:
- A leader who can respond with agility to dynamic internal and external challenges that include meeting the needs of franchisees, community leaders and government officials
- A problem solver eager to work creatively and persistently to get the job done
- A team player who provides leadership and capacity to the Jibu Team in Kenya and the connection to Jibu’s global leadership
- An individual who has the ability to work strategically, flexibly and persistently to solve tough challenges
- An innovator who brings ideas and drives the implementation of those to spearhead the development and scaling of the Jibu brand in Nairobi
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on growing a business, managing costs and implementing measures to ensure continuous improvement
- A strong communicator able to liaise between international members and stakeholders
- Proven operations and project management skills
- Proven interpersonal, relationship and people management skills
The Head of Operations will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of business expansion within Nairobi. This includes the recruitment, vetting and onboarding of new Franchises to grow the Franchise Network significantly.
The OM leads the Kenyan Team to support all individual Franchisees on their success journey and ultimately increase the sales of all Franchisees while keeping a close eye on profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in setting strategic direction for Jibu Kenya and beyond. Be involved in the business planning and budgeting process for 2020 and own the implementation.
- Represent Jibu’s interests in overseeing and managing Franchisees and all business activities.
- Develop and implement business processes and tactical plans.
- Take responsibility for planning and logistics in-country and in assigned new markets.
- Effectively develop and lead the Jibu Kenyan staff team.
- Take responsibility for stakeholder management, regulatory compliance and governance.
- Work closely with the Jibu executive team in assessing business strategy, evaluating and assessing opportunities in existing market.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an emerging market context, preferably in Kenya
- At least 5 years’ business experience, minimum of two at a management level
- Proven track record of leadership in a rapidly growing team of professionals with diverse backgrounds and international experience
- Motivated by impact with strong entrepreneurial and business instincts
- Strong understanding of Kenya business environment and proven active local network of relevant stakeholders
- Strong project management and operations skills
- Personality profile: practical, organized, results-oriented achiever, responsive, persistent, likeable, resourceful, disciplined, high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, professional who likes challenges
- Fluent English language skills, as well as fluency in Kiswahili
- Franchise experience a plus
- Project management qualification (PMP, Prince2, APM, etc.) a plus
This position is open to Kenyan Nationals only. Female candidates particularly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Apply using the link below to fill out the application form and upload your CV and motivation letter as PDFs.
Please label the PDF documents as: YOURNAME_CV and YOURNAME_coverletter.
Interested and qualified? Go to Jibu career website on jibuco.com to apply