Standard Chartered - We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
End to End Case Management of Grievance Cases
- Work with Head, ER Kenya & EA and HHR East Africa to agree on the grievance representative/s to review/ investigate and process the grievances.
- Plan for Grievance Hearing including issuing hearing invite/statement of complaint.
- Conduct the Grievance hearing or support the Grievance representative to conduct the Grievance hearing as the case may be.
- Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent resolution/conclusion which minimises the risk to the Bank.
- Update ERCMS at the initiation and conclusion of Grievance.
- Update relevant stakeholders with key findings including any disciplinary actions recommended.
End to End Case Management of Disciplinary Cases
- Level of Involvement and support with the Investigations phase based on case nature and complexity.
- Conduct due fact finding and investigatory interviews including preparation of witness statements and investigation report.
- Make arrangements for the Disciplinary Hearing including identifying the panel issuing hearing invite/statement of disciplinary case and provision of evidence.
- Conduct of the Disciplinary hearing through supporting the hearing manager as required.
- Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent conclusion which minimises the risk to the Bank.
- Update relevant stakeholders with key findings and any relevant information, including any recommendations.
- Update ERCMS at the initiation of the hearing and conclusion of disciplinary hearing and/or appeal.
- Update HRBP and/or PRC team in case of a disciplinary action so that it could be highlighted for any potential P3 impact.
Collective ER Management
- Develop and manage the Bank’s relationships with employee representative bodies in order to support employee engagement, business performance and the Bank’s broader social responsibility priorities.
- Manage collective disputes, diffuse business disruptions and ensure that appropriate business contingency plans are in place.
- Undertake collective consultation as required (e.g. collective redundancies, outsourcing, M&A, etc).
Effectively manage key stakeholder relationships.
- Build external networks (e.g. ER Forums, Employee Associations, etc) and remain up to date with ER and legislative change/developments and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field.
- Build internal networks with HRBPs and business stakeholders where required.
- Collaborate with HR Legal and Compliance and/or external legal counsel for advice on interpretation of local laws and regulations and ER policies, procedures, cases in-country
- Collaborate with Labour Ministries development and application of government policy.
Managing employee-related risk
- Provide commentary emerging ER Matters and escalate country ER risks based on trends or any new findings/issues.
- Understand current local employment and discrimination law/case developments and be able to anticipate implications for the Bank.
- Create and implement suitable actions to mitigate identified risks
- Work with HR Legal and external counsel with respect of data disclosure requests, litigation cases and preparation for/ appearance at Labour Court/Employment Tribunal.
Support Education and Training of HR and Line Managers
- Together with the Cluster/Regional ER Head proactively support, advise update, educate and train HRBPs and line managers across the ER product areas.
Our Ideal Candidate
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences preferably LLB from Recognized University
- ER specialist, with a minimum of 5-6 years of work experience.
- Proven track record and in-depth experience of ER investigations and case management.
- Strong understanding of the local legislative and regulatory landscape
- Effective networker and organizational influencer
- Commercially astute
- Strong collaboration
- Ability to clearly and accurately analyse, interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
- Good coaching, networking, influencing & negotiating skills.
- Ability to assess risk & identify pragmatic solutions in context of conflicting demands.
- Ability to develop & gain credibility within the organization in respect of ER expertise.
- Role model and champion the Bank’s values and behaviours
- Experience in an international professional services/ banking environment.
- Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with demanding and fast paced client groups.
- Experience of ER product & policy development.
- Involvement in collective ER issues e.g. collective communication & consultation in non-unionized environments, TU/Works Council stakeholder management, collective bargaining, etc
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Bank Group career website on scb.taleo.net to apply