Eco Fuels Kenya Ltd (EFK) is an innovative social enterprise committed to sustainable agribusiness development through the production of high value, renewable energy, organic agricultural inputs, seed meal (protein supplement) and other applications. They are the first and only producer of croton bioenergy and agricultural products. EFK’s business model incorporates a holistic approach that has many benefits in the agricultural value-chain. These include clean energy and agricultural products targeted at SMEs and larger agribusinesses; additional income for thousands of rural bottom-of-the-pyramid nut collectors - 85% of whom are women and unemployed youth; and, the promotion of sustainable agroforestry systems.
Their vision is to create an entirely new cash-crop and agribusiness value chain in East Africa based on the croton nut, starting with their first site in Nanyuki with an intention to set up regional processing plants within the country and the East Africa region.
About the role
Eco Fuels Kenya is looking for a Sales Executive who is able to confidently work on their own to close sales leads and manage their team responsibly. Prospective candidates must be self-motivated, have a desire to achieve results and learn-by-doing. The role is based in Nanyuki, with frequent travels to other parts of Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Sales Pipeline
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and ensure customer satisfaction with product performance by regular visits
- Prospect new accounts by visiting and establishing relationships with both new and existing customers
- Investigate new sales outlets (resellers) and other trade opportunities.
- Focus on sales efforts by studying existing client purchases and potential new customer orders in a managed pipeline of sales forecasts
- Record all activity in the sales software systems, being responsible for accuracy of information, updating and monitoring of information from input to completion of the order
- Making sure all customer orders are delivered on time and in the right quantity and quality
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management as necessary
- Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Manage a team to facilitate the successful completion of the above responsibilities
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports via cloud-based CRM tools
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related activities as needed
- Secondary Sales Responsibilities
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending trade conferences and workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
Desired Candidate Profile
Does this sound like you?
- A Diploma in Sales and Marketing or a Business related course is preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in a sales and marketing position
- Prior experience in Kenya’s farming and/or horticultural sector is a huge plus
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You have the ability to handle pressure and be self-motivated
- You have high integrity and a strong desire to produce results
- You have prior team management experience
- You must possess a valid driver’s license and demonstrable ability as a responsible driver
- You are comfortable with computers and software including a CRM tool
- A background of commercial and/or organic farming is an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Eco Fuels Kenya Ltd (EFK) career website on www.linkedin.com to apply