Kenya was the first country in Africa for Ringier to start its business in 2011 on the continent. The headquarters of Ringier Africa are based in Nairobi, the Kenyan capital. With a team of highly talented, experienced and hard working professionals the company runs different.
We are looking for a colleague with a burning desire to shape the world we live in, as well as the strength, guts and power to do it.
You are extremely results oriented: you have an inherent understanding of what drives performance in organisations, and can measure and steer this through HR activities. Your true passion for people drives you to get the best out of yourself and everyone around you!
- Country HR Managers
- Assistant to the Head of Talent
- Build a loud and proud EVP for the company
- Champion ROAM’s culture and values across the group
- Forge and execute on a ROAM Africa talent strategy; Operationalize strategies to become a better employer and place to work every single day
- Identify critical roles in each portfolio business, build and monitor succession plans for these roles to ensure business continuity.
- Perform benchmark analyses and advise leadership team on market trends with regards to attracting and retaining talent. Develop Objectives and Key Results for the HR Teams
- Drive a culture of high performance across the group through effective goal-setting, feedback and performance management practices.
- Manage and train a team of strong HR managers
- Shape the senior leadership team of the company: Recruit and onboard senior managers, and coach where relevant
- Coordinate training and management development and activities for the company
- Develop and manage the talent management department budget.
- Provide for HR reporting and undertake other lawful duties as may be assigned by the Group CEO / CFO.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 8+ years of experience as an HR generalist or management consultant with HR experience in leading organizations
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree; 1st quartile graduation scores
- Current IHRM practicing certificate (for Kenyan applicants)
- Practical understanding and application of different African labour laws
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and managing remote teams
- Experience in a digital and millennial environment
- Demonstrate strong abilities as an organizer, relationship builder, negotiator, problem solver and public speaker.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US?
- Make a difference! Your daily work matters - big time. Our work truly shapes the lives of thousands of Africans - every day.
- Incredible learning curve: We are a growing, agile and culturally diverse team, and you will be involved in a wide range of projects and activities, gaining incomparable experience and unparalleled opportunities to grow personally and professionally along the way.
- Open door policy gives you a voice: You will be part of the leadership team. We expect you to participate fully as we hired you for your insights. We give you autonomy and expect that you work with initiative and responsibility.
- Competitive benefits: Salary, performance bonus, airtime, leave days, among others.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com with the title of the vacancy as the subject of the email.
Any application that will lack the job vacancy title will not be considered