CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research organization with a global mandate to conduct research on genetic resources of potato, sweetpotato, and other Andean roots and tubers, crop genetic enhancement and improvement, integrated crop management and sustainable management of natural resources.
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Accounts Assistant on consultancy basis.
The Position: The Accounts Assistant – Consultant will provide support to the Finance Unit for CIP Kenya to ensure efficient and timely deliverable of their objectives.
- Reviewing and processing payments requests and stamping ‘’PAID’’ on all vouchers and support documentation;
- Scanning and uploading journals on SharePoint;
- Filing all journals, numbering the files for easy access;
- Reviewing and posting of payments, attach Journals to the payment vouchers;
- Reviewing and posting of liquidations;
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statements as per the calendar- ensure no pending reconciling items and bank recs are submitted on time;
- Reconciliation of staff advances accounts and notifying staff with pending advances of more than 15days;
- Reconciliation of account 62000 and 31000;
- Submitting VAT invoices for VAT Exemption Certificate application and issuing the certificates to the vendors;
- Petty cash management (processing petty cash requests, replenishment and reconciliation of the petty cash account;
- Analyzing mileage monthly, putting the same on the excelerator ready for posting;
- Invoicing staff on mileage and follow up of payments of the same and reconciling staff mileage;
- Scanning and uploading liquidations journals on the SharePoint;
- Making withholding tax payment before 20th of every month and reconciliation of Withholding tax account;
- Asset Management including asset verification, updating of asset register and uploading the link on the SharePoint.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting;
- At least CPA II or ACCA level 2;
- A minimum of one year of finance and accounting experience in a busy environment;
- A team player accustomed to working with multi-cultural and diverse teams;
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel;
- Advanced Knowledge in software solutions (ERP);
- Advanced qualitative and quantitative analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write project and financial reports.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background, and is a recent World Food Price Winner and awarded with the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are the conditions?
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The employment contract will be for a six months term (with a one month probation period).