Purpose of the position:
To offer P&C business partnering support to the Regional Office and Programs to achieve shared organizational objectives in particular to cascade P & C processes and value added services to field operations.
The position holder must be able to Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Business Partnering (20%)**
- Provide P & C support to the region & Program Managers including(not limited to) dissemination of information, follow up for action, implementation of policies, staff engagement surveys, performance management processes, probation & confirmation
- Co-ordination of the students’ attachment within the Region.
- Advise the Regional and Program Managers to ensure adherence to the HR manual and labor laws in making any staff related decisions
- Report on action taken in the region and programs to address issues highlighted in Our voice action plan
- Ensure updated employee files are maintained within the region and programs and with utmost confidentiality
- Support and build the capacity of the managers on performance management and respond to related queries
- Support in the rollout and implementation of P&C initiatives
- Develop, monitor and implement regional learning and development plans with the support of the OD Officer
- Facilitate learning and organizational Directed Development initiatives at region
- Support change management projects/initiatives within the region as required, facilitating team efforts and helping to define project goals, timelines, resource requirements and planning to cope with conflict or stress points in the plans.
- Proactively liaise with hiring managers within the region in identification of staffing gaps
- Coordinates recruitment for staff recruited at the Region and Program Level for GLs below 12(local adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, background checks and pre-employment medical check-up) within the turnaround time.
- Participate in the recruitment of interns for GRIP.
- Track contract expiry dates of the staff at the region, and follow up with Program Managers on renewal/non renewals
- Facilitate probation reviews and confirmation of staff within acceptable and set timelines
New Hire Orientation (10%)
- Co-ordinate and conduct orientation of the new staff recruited at the Region and program level.
- Ensure new staff are introduced to WVK and are sensitized on policies and processes
- Facilitate creation of personal files for all new starters and ensure that all documentation is in order
- Facilitate new starters to complete and forward to NO compensation and benefits documentations
- Ensure staff are enrolled into WVK Systems eg payroll, lotus notes, WV central and WVK Staff benefits and understand the related processes
Our People system management (10%)**
- Capacity-build staff & managers on use of OP including implementation of new modules
- Assist in trouble shooting Our People system challenges for regional and Program staff
- Maintain and update Our People on any employee changes/movements
- Analyze regional absence requests on a monthly basis and alert managers on pending approvals
- Ensure adherence to annual leave plans
- Ensure up to date personnel information for all the regional staffs on the OP system
- Run monthly management reports from OurPeople for management advice
- Carry out data clean up at regular intervals to ensure data consistency
Staff Care (10%)
- Report on medical/ and hospital admission cases for staff within the region
- Coordinate psychosocial support and peer support for staff within the region
- Organize in liaison with Programs on team building initiatives to spur performance
- Report and facilitate documentation for accidents and incidences for WIBA and GPA claims
- Educate managers and staff on self-care, entitlements and ensure a culture where people feel valued
- Plan health audits and benefits fairs to monitor staff wellbeing and liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure staff concerns are addressed
- Identify cases for and coordinate the critical incident debriefing for staff that have undergone stress and/or trauma and provide appropriate referral services
Office Administration (10%)
- Maintain filing registry for the Regional office
- Ensure quality catering services as necessary
- Manage office stationery at the Regional office
- Record and circulate minutes of the Region’s staff meetings and the Regional SMT meetings
- Organizing accommodation for the Region’s visitors
- Management of the reception including telephone and visitors’ communications
- Organizing the office cleanliness, and office accommodation space for staff
- Ensuring that the office opens and closes at the right time.
- Coordinate errands like mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment maintenance and bills
- Sit in Regional Procurement meetings as a member
- Assist in the co-ordination of meetings, seminars, workshops, trainings and retreats for the Regional staff
- Facilitate travel plans for the various meetings in liaison with the drivers
- Maintain a good inventory for the library
- Receiving and dispatching documents from and to P & C NO for distribution to the Programs e.g. medical cards and staff contracts
- Consolidate the annual leave plan for the Regional Office
Supervision and Reporting (10%)
- Preparing and submission of Monthly report to NO P&C
- Offer P&C analytics to advice on trends and areas of improvement in the respective programs.
- Contribute to establishment and use of regional data bases, dash boards and e-resources which include good P&C practices.
- Maintain a database of potential employees at the Region and possible replacements especially of field recruits
- Offer supervision to the Regional Liaison Officer, including performance management.
- Offer relevant support when need arises to:
- Admin. Assistants in the field offices.
- Casual workers and service providers at the regional office.
- National P&C office as need arises.
- Conduct periodical Program visits for P&C related support.
- Provision of support to the Regional Manager
Staff Exit (10%)
- Carry out staff exit meetings with separating staff where the line manager is not able to hold a face to face meeting with the staff.
- Periodically analyze staff exit related information to guide retention initiatives.
- Manage employee exit processes (clearance, handover etc) and ensure that the exit process laid standards
- Coordinate and guide management on staff transitions during program/project phase outs and ensure all applicable policies and procedures are adhered to
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor (5%)
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Degree in Human Resource management or related field
- Working experience of at least three years of which two year must be in Human Resources
- Must be a member of a recognized human resources professional body with appropriate Certificate of Practice
- Knowledge of Human Resource Information System, including computer applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent planning skills; ability to mobilize staff and managers on major organizational initiatives
- A self-motivated person
- Experienced in cross-cultural environment.
- Must be. conversant with the labor legislations