World Vision is a global community of millions, working together for one purpose: to change the lives of vulnerable children.
Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience love of God and their neighbours and are cared for, protected and participating. Together we share proven, worldclass development methods to bring food, water, education and economic change.
Purpose of the position:
To offer P&C business partnering support to the Regional Office and Programs to achieve shared organizational objectives in particular to cascade P & C processes and value added services to field operations.
The position holder must be able to Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Business Partnering (20%)**
- Provide P & C support to the region & Program Managers including(not limited to) dissemination of information, follow up for action, implementation of policies, staff engagement surveys, performance management processes, probation & confirmation
- Co-ordination of the students’ attachment within the Region.
- Advise the Regional and Program Managers to ensure adherence to the HR manual and labor laws in making any staff related decisions
- Report on action taken in the region and programs to address issues highlighted in Our voice action plan
- Ensure updated employee files are maintained within the region and programs and with utmost confidentiality
- Support and build the capacity of the managers on performance management and respond to related queries
- Support in the rollout and implementation of P&C initiatives
- Develop, monitor and implement regional learning and development plans with the support of the OD Officer
- Facilitate learning and organizational Directed Development initiatives at region
- Support change management projects/initiatives within the region as required, facilitating team efforts and helping to define project goals, timelines, resource requirements and planning to cope with conflict or stress points in the plans.
- Proactively liaise with hiring managers within the region in identification of staffing gaps
- Coordinates recruitment for staff recruited at the Region and Program Level for GLs below 12(local adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, background checks and pre-employment medical check-up) within the turnaround time.
- Participate in the recruitment of interns for GRIP.
- Track contract expiry dates of the staff at the region, and follow up with Program Managers on renewal/non renewals
- Facilitate probation reviews and confirmation of staff within acceptable and set timelines
New Hire Orientation (10%)
- Co-ordinate and conduct orientation of the new staff recruited at the Region and program level.
- Ensure new staff are introduced to WVK and are sensitized on policies and processes
- Facilitate creation of personal files for all new starters and ensure that all documentation is in order
- Facilitate new starters to complete and forward to NO compensation and benefits documentations
- Ensure staff are enrolled into WVK Systems eg payroll, lotus notes, WV central and WVK Staff benefits and understand the related processes
Our People system management (10%)**
- Capacity-build staff & managers on use of OP including implementation of new modules
- Assist in trouble shooting Our People system challenges for regional and Program staff
- Maintain and update Our People on any employee changes/movements
- Analyze regional absence requests on a monthly basis and alert managers on pending approvals
- Ensure adherence to annual leave plans
- Ensure up to date personnel information for all the regional staffs on the OP system
- Run monthly management reports from OurPeople for management advice
- Carry out data clean up at regular intervals to ensure data consistency
Staff Care (10%)
- Report on medical/ and hospital admission cases for staff within the region
- Coordinate psychosocial support and peer support for staff within the region
- Organize in liaison with Programs on team building initiatives to spur performance
- Report and facilitate documentation for accidents and incidences for WIBA and GPA claims
- Educate managers and staff on self-care, entitlements and ensure a culture where people feel valued
- Plan health audits and benefits fairs to monitor staff wellbeing and liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure staff concerns are addressed
- Identify cases for and coordinate the critical incident debriefing for staff that have undergone stress and/or trauma and provide appropriate referral services
Office Administration (10%)
- Maintain filing registry for the Regional office
- Ensure quality catering services as necessary
- Manage office stationery at the Regional office
- Record and circulate minutes of the Region’s staff meetings and the Regional SMT meetings
- Organizing accommodation for the Region’s visitors
- Management of the reception including telephone and visitors’ communications
- Organizing the office cleanliness, and office accommodation space for staff
- Ensuring that the office opens and closes at the right time.
- Coordinate errands like mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment maintenance and bills
- Sit in Regional Procurement meetings as a member
- Assist in the co-ordination of meetings, seminars, workshops, trainings and retreats for the Regional staff
- Facilitate travel plans for the various meetings in liaison with the drivers
- Maintain a good inventory for the library
- Receiving and dispatching documents from and to P & C NO for distribution to the Programs e.g. medical cards and staff contracts
- Consolidate the annual leave plan for the Regional Office
Supervision and Reporting (10%)
- Preparing and submission of Monthly report to NO P&C
- Offer P&C analytics to advice on trends and areas of improvement in the respective programs.
- Contribute to establishment and use of regional data bases, dash boards and e-resources which include good P&C practices.
- Maintain a database of potential employees at the Region and possible replacements especially of field recruits
- Offer supervision to the Regional Liaison Officer, including performance management.
- Offer relevant support when need arises to:
- Admin. Assistants in the field offices.
- Casual workers and service providers at the regional office.
- National P&C office as need arises.
- Conduct periodical Program visits for P&C related support.
- Provision of support to the Regional Manager
Staff Exit (10%)
- Carry out staff exit meetings with separating staff where the line manager is not able to hold a face to face meeting with the staff.
- Periodically analyze staff exit related information to guide retention initiatives.
- Manage employee exit processes (clearance, handover etc) and ensure that the exit process laid standards
- Coordinate and guide management on staff transitions during program/project phase outs and ensure all applicable policies and procedures are adhered to
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor (5%)
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Degree in Human Resource management or related field
- Working experience of at least three years of which two year must be in Human Resources
- Must be a member of a recognized human resources professional body with appropriate Certificate of Practice
- Knowledge of Human Resource Information System, including computer applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent planning skills; ability to mobilize staff and managers on major organizational initiatives
- A self-motivated person
- Experienced in cross-cultural environment.
- Must be. conversant with the labor legislations