Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) has been a leading sexual and reproductive health (SRH) service provider and advocacy organization in the United States for over a century. Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global), the international arm of PPFA, has worked globally for over 40 years providing local organizations with the technical assistance and financial support they need to run strong, sustainable SRH service delivery, advocacy and social norms programs. PP Global has a presence in Latin America and Africa. The Africa Regional Office (ARO) is located in Nairobi with footprints in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania and Uganda.
Terms of Reference for Consultancy in Rapporteuring Services in Multi-country review meeting 14th-16th October 2019
Objectives of the assignment:
- To provide documentation and rapporteur service for the Multi-country review meeting scheduled to take three days as from 14th-16th October 2019 and prepare a final report of the Workshop.
- The consultant should accurately capture the day-to-day, discussions and photos of the happenings, and presentation during the workshop deliberations and prepare the final report of the workshop**
- Expected deliverables
- Documentation of all proceedings of the 3-day Multi-country review meeting (14th-16th October 2019.
- Provide the final report of the Workshop deliberations –within an after the conclusion of the Multi-country review meeting.
- Before the Meeting
- Become familiar with the speakers and review their presentations where applicable.
- Meet PP Global program staff prior to the meeting to go over any specific instructions.
Determine final report template together with the PP Global program staff to guide rapporteur responsibilities on the day of the meeting.
- During the meeting
- Capture in whatever format (e.g., handwritten notes, typed notes, recorded notes, photographs, handouts and presentations) all pertinent information for each presentation, including the speaker’s name, title, and organization.
- The notes should include the main points from the presentation, either from what is spoken or what is in the presentation slides.
- Present a summary of the discussion, highlighting any conclusions, recommendations, and/or next steps (these should be included in the summary report, detailed in the Deliverables section below).
- After the meeting
- Prepare a summary report, highlighting the main topics, objectives and themes of the conference as a whole as well as particular sections if the event is so organized; provide a summary of key outcomes of the event including suggested follow up.
- Based on the event agenda (whether by section or individual speaker/activity) provide a summary indicating the name, title, and organization of the speaker, main findings, conclusions, and/or recommendations of the speaker/section.
- Submit a final, formatted summary report in word format to the PP Global Program Staff within two weeks of the event.
- Duration of the consultancy The consultancy will take about 5 days (3 days of the workshop and 2 days for preparation and final report preparation).
Qualification and Experience
- Skills in report writing
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Community Health, Social Sciences.
- Minimum three to five years’ work experience in a similar position or carrying out similar functions.
- Experience with or knowledge of key concepts SRHR highly desirable
- Proven skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, working independently with minimal supervision, ability to meet deadlines.
- Language: Excellent oral and written English;
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Excellent computer software skills in MS Excel and Word.
Method of Application
Please submit a complete proposal by email no later than September 30th, 2019 to:
email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter of motivation and a Consultant profile
Payment Terms PPFA will pay the agreed amount within one month upon submission and approval of report.less 5% withholding tax to be remitted to KRA
Evaluation and Award of the Consultancy
PPFA, Africa Regional Office- (ARO) will review the consultant’s profile and other documents and award the assignment based on the technical and financial soundness and feasibility. Planned Parenthood Global- ARO reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal received without giving reasons and is not bound to accept the lowest, highest or any bidder.**