Our client, The Embassy of Sweden Nairobi seeks to recruit an experienced individual for the task of Operational Controller with a focus on development cooperation with Kenya.
The Embassy of Sweden in Nairobi represents Sweden in Kenya, Somalia, Seychelles and Comoros.
The Embassy also represents Sweden in UNEP and UN-HABITAT.
The Embassy represents and advances Swedish policies, interests and values in political and economic relations, development cooperation, in trade and investment promotion and in cultural and information matters. It provides consular services to Swedish nationals and migration services to non-nationals.
The overall task is to assist managers and programme officers with advice and support, to maintain an effective control environment at the Embassy and on internal control issues in contribution management process.
The key duties are, but are not limited to;
- Participate in the overall planning and monitoring of the contribution portfolio base on risk and materiality.
Provide support, advice and quality assurance of contribution management in competency areas such as;
- o Risk analysis and risk management;
o Analysis assessment of partners capacity and processes/systems for internal control;
o Financial planning and monitoring;
o Assessment of audit report;
o Anticorruption activities;
o Contractual issues;
o Applicable rules and regulations
- Be a member of the Embassy Quality Assurance Team
- Work on preventive measures e.g. training and knowledge sharing of internal control matters, common internal control deficiencies, rule changes
- Perform preventive anti-corruption work and assist in the investigation of possible corruption cases.
- Review agreement proposals, contractual changes and the monitoring of contractual terms.
The preferred candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Academic degree in the field of financial management and control.
- Accounting certifications or qualifications like Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA, and ACA.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in financial management/and/ or auditing.
- Exposure to Kenya’s public administration and financial management systems.
- Computer literacy, i.e. knowledge of Microsoft’s basic applications and experience working with an electronic financial management/information system.
- Good analytical skills, with ability to apply qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Experience from working with risk analysis and management
- Good communication skills, with excellent command of English.
- Experience of audit work (analysis of audit reports/procurement processes).
- Documented competence and experience in quality assurance in development cooperation or other government functions.
- Experience in working in conflict or post-conflict settings
- Experience and/or knowledge about the working methods of Swedish civil service, or experience working in a multicultural setup.
- Knowledge of additional languages (Swedish)
- Ability and will to internalise innovative ways of working, while fulfilling the role as a Swedish civil servant and respecting ethical and professional considerations.
- Ability to reach and report on agreed results and to seek the support needed to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to lead and positively influence the Embassy sections in applying new knowledge.
- Ability and willingness to share information, competence and knowledge with others.
Method of Application
Candidates interested in the position are invited to forward a 1-page letter of motivation and a detailed CV, including 3 professional referees to email@example.com not later than Wednesday, 16th October 2019.
The email subject should be “OPERATIONAL CONTROLLER”.
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered. Interviews will take place on rolling basis.
Preferred starting date is November 2019.
The Embassy of Sweden is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all relevant applicants to apply for the position regardless of age, gender, ethnicity and personal background.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Dynamic People Consulting does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment